Love you goodbye

He knew it was over as soon as Harry walked into the room. He could see it in his eyes. His mind went blank and all he could think about was that fury vest Harry was wearing that would have looked terrible on anyone else than his husband.
"Please don't." He whimpered.

Harry's eyes teared up and he took a seat next to him on the bed.
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you Louis because I love you so much but I can't do this anymore."

"Please, I'll go to rehab." Louis said and started to cry.

"I hope you will but I can't anymore Lou. It's too hard, all of it. I...I asked our label for a hiatus. We can't continue like this." Harry answered while tears streamed down his face.

Louis gasped and stared at him in disbelief.
"You're breaking up the band?"

"It was a hard decision to make but we can't continue like this but leaving you is unbearable." Harry sobbed.

"So don't do it. Baby, we're married." Louis pleaded.

"I know and I'm so sorry but it's killing me. I have to get away." Harry answered.

"From me?" Louis questioned.

"From all of it." Harry answered.

He started to get up and Louis grabbed his arm.
"No! Stay tonight at least. Please. I need one last night." He panicked.

Harry broke down completely. He hid his face in his hands and cried. Louis hugged him and they cried in each other's arms. They laid down. Louis kissed him. It tasted salty. Harry whimpered and tried to take his t-shirt off. Louis helped him and removed his own as well. They clung to each other desperately, both trying to memorize every inch of each other's bodies.

Louis kissed Harry's tattoos. All the tattoos he had done for him. The tears never stopped. He removed Harry's pants and reached for the lube. He came up to kiss him while he opened him up slowly. He wanted to take his time because when they were finished it was over. 

He knew exactly how to turn him on. He knew every sweet spot on his body, what made him moan or whimper. Just like Harry knew all of his. That made him cry harder. Harry cradled his face and tried to comfort him, kissing his nose and cheeks even if he was crying as well and Louis loved him for it. How would he be able to go on without Harry? He buried his face in the crook of Harry's neck and cried his heart out.
"Maybe we shouldn't do this." Harry mumbled.

"One last time Haz." Louis pleaded.

Harry nodded his head slowly. Louis managed to pull himself together and slicked himself. He pushed inside slowly. They took it slow. They either kissed or looked deeply into each other's eyes while Louis made love to his soon-to-be ex-husband. That thought made him burst into tears again and he had to stop for a while.
"Lou." Harry breathed out.

He tried to concentrate on the sex and took up the pace. Soon Harry was making those noises he always made just before he orgasmed and Louis looked at him. He wanted to see him come one last time. He didn't have to wait long. Harry cried out and threw his head back. He was beautiful.

From the way his walls squeezed him, Louis came as well and Harry opened his eyes to watch him come. Louis laid his head on Harry's chest while he tried to catch his breath. Harry wrapped his arms around him and they just laid there for a moment.
"I love you, Harry. I understand why you're leaving me but it hurts and I'm so sorry. It's my own fault."

"We still have a tour to finish and an album to make so I'm not going anywhere yet. I know that will be hard for both of us but I hope we can make it work." Harry answered.

Louis pulled out and rolled to the side.
"I guess we have to."

Harry stayed the night and Louis held him close to his chest. When he woke up the next morning Harry had left him. He clutched a pillow against his chest and cried his heart out, screaming out his pain. He couldn't take it. He knew how to make himself feel better and found what he was looking for in his jeans, laying on the floor next to the bed. He made two lines on the nightstand and inhaled them through his nose. He laid down on his back and waited for that blissful numbness to take over. 

He spent that day in bed, snorting coke and writing a song. He had forgotten all about the show they were doing in the evening and by the time Liam came and knocked on his door, he was so out of it that he hardly could put together a coherent sentence but Liam somehow understood that Harry had broken up with him.

Liam called Niall who was with Harry and told him that Harry was drunk out of his mind. They did the only thing they could do at that point. They called their management and told them that neither Harry nor Louis were in any shape to get on a stage. They actually listened to them and they canceled the show. The fans were already waiting for them. Liam took the fall and the official excuse was that he was too ill to perform.

He stayed with Louis and took care of him while Niall did the same for Harry. His eyes fell on a notebook beside the bed and he read some heartbreaking lyrics.

It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end
It's impossible to know if after this we can still be friends, yeah

I know you're saying you don't wanna hurt me
Well, maybe you should show a little mercy
The way you look I know you didn't come to apologize

Hey, hey, hey
Oh, why you wearing that to walk out of my life?
Hey, hey, hey
Oh, even though it's over you should stay tonight
Hey, hey, hey
If tomorrow you won't be mine
Won't you give it to me one last time?

Oh, baby, let me love you goodbye

Unforgettable together, held the whole world in our hands
Unexplainable, a love that only we could understand, yeah

I know there's nothing I can do to change it
But is it something that can be negotiated?
My heart's already breaking, baby, go on, twist the knife

Hey, hey, hey
Oh, why you wearing that to walk out of my life?
Hey, hey, hey
Oh, even though it's over you should stay tonight
Hey, hey, hey
If tomorrow you won't be mine
Won't you give it to me one last time?

Oh, baby, let me love you goodbye

One more taste of your lips just to bring me back
To the places we've been and the nights we've had
Because if this is it then at least we could end it right

Oh, why you wearing that to walk out of my life?
Hey, hey, hey
Oh, even though it's over you should stay the night, yeah
Hey, hey, hey
If tomorrow you won't be mine
Won't you give it to me one last time?

Oh, baby, let me love you goodbye