Chapter 34 | Happy Holidays?

Start from the beginning

Cracking the door open slightly, I saw all of the girls in their pyjamas as the movie on the TV began to roll its credits. Opening the door all the way, I made a point to sigh loudly to draw all of the girls attention towards myself. "Damn, did I really miss NetFlicks and Chill just to chat with my girlfriend's sister?" I said, getting a few cheeky smiles in response. However Jess immediately panicked upon seeing Liu.
"(Y/N)! Get back!" She exclaimed, pulling me away from the door and holding me behind her. "Don't you dare try and hurt him, Liu!" She yelled ferociously, pulling out her knife.
"Where the fuck were you keeping that!?" I asked, scanning her up and down to see she had no pockets nor sheaths. "Wait, shit, wrong point. Jess, baby cakes, there's no reason to fight your sister" I said, trying to diffuse the situation.
"No, (Y/N), now she knows we're a thing, she won't stop trying to kill you" she said tensely, her grip on me and her knife tightening in worry.
"Jess..." I said softly, smiling as I realised how much she cared for me.
"Liu, please..." Jess said, trying to stay level-headed. "Please don't hurt him..." she added, her voice wavering a little.
"Hey... Jess?" I said from behind her, putting my hand on her shoulder and stepping closer. "It's okay..." I said softly in her ear, now standing beside her. With a smile, I released my grip on Jess and walked passed her - returning to where Liu and I were standing in the doorway. "Hey, Liu?" I asked, at the viewing of the entire mansion.
"Wassup, (Y/N)?" She responded in a friendly tone.
"Liu, what's your opinion on Jess having a normal boyfriend?" I asked after hitting record from my phone that was in my front jacket pocket.
"If she ever got one, I'd rip him limb from limb" she responded nonchalantly.
"Fair enough" I said, unsurprised by her response. "Now, on the other hand, what's your opinion on me being Jess' boyfriend?" I asked.
"Eh, I don't see why not" she said with a shrug. "You're a decent enough dude, as long as you treat her right I've got no problem" she added kindly. "Why'd you ask?" She questioned.
"Little bit of evidence to help ya" I said, pulling out my phone and turning off the recording before I spoke.
"Oooooooh, nice" Liu said, holding out a fist towards me. Her new demeanour was a surprise to everyone, and considering how Liu was seemingly turning a new leaf I was relieved to say the least. "Well? Don't leave me hangin'!" She exclaimed, smiling proudly as she spoke.

Bumping Liu's fist with my own, she gave me a friendly nod before Slenda spoke up from behind us. "So, when will you two be off?" Slenda asked.
"Uhhhhh, wanna head out now?" I asked Liu after looking at my invisible watch.
"Hey, man, I only got one place to be" she said cheekily. "Lez go!" She said excitedly with a smile.
"You guys are going somewhere?" Sally asked, a hint of sadness in her voice as she cuddled a small teddy bear.
"But you just got back!" Benny whined, back-flopping onto the green beanbag she was sat on.
"Do you really have to go now?" Jane and Jess asked in unison.
"Don't worry, girls" Slenda said to the group. "He'll be back before you know it" she said, turning to give me another wink at the end.
"And we're just supposed to belie-"
"And I'll be giving kisses before I leave from now on, if anyone wants one just meet me at the front-" even though I cut Angel off, she was among the girls (being all of them aside from Liu, Slenda and The Rake) who dashed to the front door to 'see me off'. "Door..." I added, now looking at an empty room.
"Jesus fuck, dude, how are they all so attracted to you?" Liu asked as we began to walk down the hall to the front door.
"Uhhhh..." I didn't really know why it was, I was just glad people enjoyed my company in the first place.

I had never even thought about the why. "Slenda? Wanna maybe weigh in here?" I asked as she interlocked our arms once again.
"Eh" she said with a shrug. "That's something you'll probably find out when you get home, lover boy" she said cheekily.
"Damn, you really gonna play me like that?" I said, pretending to be grumpy.
"Maybe I will, maybe I won't. But you'll have to ask me when you get back" she said with a smile.
"These time jokes got so old so fast" Liu grumbled.
"You're very lucky (Y/N) here has put me in a good mood, if you gave me this sort of attitude any other time and I would've popped that pretty little head of yours like a zit" Slenda responded with a very happy tone despite her heavily aggressive words. "And don't even think, it even for a second, that-"
"Oh hey! Everyone's here! Who wants a kiss first?" I said loudly, cutting off Slenda's threats and talking to the larger group.