Chapter 2: The Unknown Pilot of... Earth??

Start from the beginning

Pidge laughed, "yeah, I guess I was. Alright, I'm going to the lab. Cya, Hunk!"

"Bye, Pidge!" Hunk waved as Pidge walked out of the kitchen and into the hallway. She felt more uplifted now that her stomach was filled and the mood she was in, she felt unstoppable. She made her way into her makeshift lab in the Green Lion hangar bay, where her lion sat.

Pidge placed a hand on the lion, "hey girl." She could hear her lion give her a small purr in response. She giggled, knowing that Green was watching over her made her smile and safe, then immediately got to work.

For 2 hours, she tinkered away at some newer pieces of technology and some upgrades for her lion. She seemed in the zone, getting so much work done on an upgrade to the cloaking system to extend it's usage. She took the device and was about to enter her lion when alarms started to blare around her, bringing her combat readiness on alert.

"Of all times..." she muttered angrily to herself as she ran back to her desk and dropped the device on the table. She began to sprint down the massive corridors, as Allura's voice came through the comms.

"Paladins! Come to the bridge, immediately!" Her voice seemed to be a little panicked, from Pidge's ears. She huffed, 'believe me, I'm going as fast as I can with these stubby little legs...' It wasn't a surprise that she was the last one to arrive on the bridge. Everyone was staring at the holographic projection of a star sector, a giant exclamation point marked in a specific area.

"What's going on?!" Pidge asked as he ran next to Shiro and Lance.

"We've intercepted a distress call coming in from the Xaluan Sector. It's faint and distorted, but it's still audible," Allura said, standing on her usual spot when a viewscreen came up. The image that came through was incredibly staticy and damaging. Whoever they were, they were damaged heavily by something, or someone... Pidge could definitely make out that there was someone in the pilot's seat, but just barely. It was impossible to make out anything besides that.

"-DAY -RSON CA- -N SPACY FOR- -MY FIGHTER IS STR- -IATE ASSISTANCE!! -PEAT! THIS IS- -F.N-12- -Y FRIENDLY FORCES IN-!" The voice was so heavily distorted and muffled, no one could really understand it. The message was on repeat, so Allura muted it while she faced the Paladins.

"How long has that signal been relaying?" Keith crossed his arms, his hair slightly ruffled from the movement.

"Based on how distorted it is, it looks like for about a few Varga, but nothing solid," Coran twirled his mustache, "it's also a signal that I do not recognize!"

"Allura, how far away is that signal?" Shiro asked, staring at the distress point on the holographic map.

"It's about 45 Dobashes in the castle, however your lions might make it in less than five," Allura replied.

Shiro faced the rest of the team, "Paladins, to your Lions! We need to rescue that ship before anything bad happens to it!" The 5 humans ran from the bridge and into their hangars after getting on their armor. Pidge still being the last one to make it to her lion, of course. She hopped into the lion and pushed a lever. The lion roared, both figuratively with energy and literally. The lion took off from the hangar and joined the other lions. The castle slowly shrunk in size until it disappeared behind them. The seriousness of the situation drowned out the brilliance of the nearby stars.

"Alright guys, stay sharp. We haven't gotten any information about the Galra movement in this area, but that doesn't mean they aren't here, so keep your eyes sharp," Shiro came through the comms.

Pidge pressed a button on the holographic control panel, "alien vessel, this is the Green Lion of Voltron, we're responding to your distress signal, acknowledge." An eerie static followed after her voice. She tried again, "alien vessel, this is Pidge, Paladin of the Green Lion, come in!" Still nothing... something was definitely wrong here.

Something started to appear in Lance's eyes, "I got eyes on something ahead of," then he saw three massive Galran cruisers, "oh no..." The Paladins arrive just in time to see a very small ship being towed into the hangar bay of a Galra battlecruiser, and the engines of that Galra cruiser humming to life. They slowly turned from their usual dark purple into a light pink.

"It's going to jump into hyperspace!" Pidge screamed.