#6

Kylie's POV

I know I'm asleep right now. Everything is super dark all around me. I can't move or speak either, but I can see.

The darkness surrounding me slowly faded into a bright white light. Me and Adrian's secret spot started to take form.

I looked around. The sun was shining bright, but the colors of everything were dull. The tree looked more grey and it's leaves looked colorless. The grass was green, but a dark dull green.

I then realized I was seeing everything in black and white. There wasn't a single color here except white, greys, and blacks.

I was suddenly able to move, so I broke away from the darkness behind me and walked over to the tree, and sat down against it, staring out. I watched the waves splash and hit the rocks, and I watched as the clouds slowly moved across the atmosphere.

I looked around again. Something caught my eye.

It was a flower. And it had color.

It was the only thing here that had color.

I gently picked it up and held it out in front of me, examining it. It was a deep blue color with a green stem and leaf.

A slight breeze came along, and it blew the flower away from me. I tried to grab it, but I was too late. It was gone.

Suddenly I heard a loud scraping noise behind me. I bolted to my feet and I turned around and looked at the tree.

Something was being carved on the tree. An invisible force was carving something. What the heck?!

I couldn't see what it was at first, but then it un-blurred and I saw what was carved on the grey tree.

And what I saw, made my heart drop.

A+K

My initial was on it...and so was Adrian's. Someone had wrote our initials together...

Something glinted in the sunlight and I looked down to see a sharp object in the grass.

I picked it up and looked back at the tree.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Why did Adrian hate me so much? Why did he have to hurt me like this..?

I reached up to the tree, and carved a heart around our initials. I really wanted to do a break in the middle, but I didn't. I loved him too much. I didn't want a broken heart for us...

I stepped back and looked at the tree.

And then I cried.

******

Adrian's POV

I sat there and looked at what I carved on the tree.

I put my pocket knife in my pocket and sighed. It wasn't fun being here all alone. I want Kylie with me...

I heard a loud scraping noise and I looked up, and what I saw shocked me.

A big heart was slowly being carved into the tree around our initials.

I froze, just staring at the new carving. How the hell did that just happen.

I fell even more silent when I heard a crying noise.

It was coming from behind me, and I whipped around.

I saw a girl, crying. A girl, with no colors except for grey. She was crying and holding a sharp object...that had wood chips on it.

She looked up at the tree, and my heart stopped. It was Kylie.

"Kylie?" I whispered.

She stopped crying, and froze. She looked around, holding the object up. She looked in my direction, and her arm dropped to her side.