Chapter |21| Coffee and Gossip

Start from the beginning

"I think..." I was cut off by the sound of tricking. We both glanced down at the man's crotch. His khaki pants had turned darker, whilst his eyes were struck with fear.

Oh god, the fucker peed...on Aaron.

"Get the fuck out!" Aaron screamed, sending the man scurrying out on his knees. The shop, and myself, burst out into laughter.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry but that was fucking hilarious!" He sent me a sharp glare that caused me to shut up immediately. "I'm sorry, I know you were just trying to help me. In fact, it was quite chivalrous."

"Yeah well, if being nice for once means getting pissed on by a fucking stranger then you can forget it." I grabbed his leather jacket and tugged him back, before he could storm out the shop.

"Really, it isn't that bad. It's just your shirt that's a little wet, but nothing a warm shower can't fix and everyone's forgotten it by now." I lied. People were snickering behind us but I paid them no mind, concentrated on making Aaron focus on me.

"Hey," I turned his head so he was looking at me, and me only. "No-one gives a fuck, if you don't, and you still look hot covered in pee." He let out a small laugh and reached forward to grab his coffee. My order was up next, and I watched him carefully as he took a sip of the steaming drink.

"I didn't peg you for a Starbucks guy. Actually Starbucks is one of the last places I expected to find you."

"In my profession, coffee is a must." I nodded, knowing how many late nights my father spends working. Being a mafia don is no easy job, one of the reasons why I'm glad I'm the youngest.

"Well, it's nice to know there are still sides to you left to discover." He gave me a wink, stealing one of the cookies out the bag I was holding.

"Hey, Tessa will kill you for stealing her food."

"I remember a certain brunette threatening to cut my balls off when I stole a slice of her pizza." I was flabbergasted. He actually remembered that? It happened years ago when me and Tristan decided to spend our Friday night with Aaron, watching the latest Fast and Furious movie.

"Wow, I'm impressed. You remembered that?"

"Of course I did. I remember everything." There was something about the sincerity of his words that made my heart flutter inside my chest.

"So, I'm guessing you're going to the ball tomorrow?" He said, breaking the strange tension between us.

"Um yes, I am. My whole family will be there." I stressed the importance of the word family, so he knew that he couldn't approach me at the event.

"Right got it, don't worry I won't draw any attention to us." I frowned in confusion.

"To us?" He quickly shook his head, a small laugh leaving his mouth.

"Not like that I just mean...well, you father would have my head if he knew we were friends or hang out like we do."

"Right and I'm sorry Black but your head, especially your face, is the best thing going for you." I said sarcastically, causing a grin to break out on his face.

"Aww, I thought it would have been my wallet." I snorted, flashing him my Gucci bag and Louboutin shoes.

"Yeah, you're wallet doesn't matter that much to me."