【26】

Tom was bruised and badly burned. He looked like a mess and Tori watched as he slowly lifted his head. The green circles on his head set disappeared and reappeared for a split second, indicating his blinks. He looked up at Tori and she raised a brow. "I'm not telling you anything." He sneered. Tori sighed and smiled. "I mean, it is your choice." She said. "I would go the easy route and kill you right now but, I need answers so prepare yourself." Tom looked away. "Why do you like killing so much?" He asked.
"Excuse me?"
"You're always mentioning it."
".."
Tom smirked as an idea popped up in his head. "Is this about Tamara?" He asked. Tori stayed silent. She blinked once before pulling out her gun and aiming at Tom. "How do you know her?" She asked. "I mean, I am her." Tom said. "Duh." Tori's expression softened and she looked a little sad. "Do not say her fucking name!" She ordered. Tom smirked. "What happened?" He asked. Tori hesitated for a second but stayed silent. "You know she still loves you right?" Tom asked. Tori gasped slightly. "Lies!" She exclaimed. "No, I'm just saying what she told me." Tom said.
"Wait. She-She's here?"
"Mm hmm."
"She said that?"
"Yes ma'am."
Tori slowly put the gun down. She stood in silence. "Look, if you want I could just-" Tom started, he was cut off when Tori raised her hand and sniffled. "Tori?" Tom called. Tori quickly wiped her tears and turned back to face Tom. "You are lying!" She exclaimed. "I cannot believe I almost trusted you!" Tom sighed. "Why can't you get it through your thick ass skull that I'm telling the fucking truth!?" He shouted.
"YOU DO NOT SPEAK!"
"OR WHAT!?"
"I WILL FUCKING SHOOT!"
"DO IT!"
"..."
"Shoot me then."
Tori's arm shook a little as she and Tom glared at each other. "Motherfucker..." Tori breathed. She walked over to Tom and slapped him. Tom sighed. "You couldn't do it." He said. "You never could." Tori pointed the gun to Tom's head. She pressed it against his temple. "You are just lucky I need you for some fucking answers." She said quietly. Tom opened his mouth to speak but Tori grabbed a chunk of his hair and yanked him backward. "Now tell me, do you know how fast a bamboo plant can grow?" Tori asked. Tom shook his head. "Some bamboo can grow up to nine hundred ten millimeters, which is thirty six inches, within a twenty-four hour period, at a rate of almost forty millimeters, or one and one half inches an hour." Tori said. Tom scoffed. "You came to give me a lesson on how to treat the growth of a bamboo plant?" He asked, slyly. Tori pulled his hair back down further. Tom groaned in pain. "The point is," Tori started, "I can have that thing split you in half, impale you, or have it grow inside you, who knows. If you do not start talking, you better start learning about how fucking far bamboo travels." Tom shuddered and Tori let go of his hair. "One more thing." She said. "Do not ever say her name."

"Ever. Again."

"Where were you two the whole time?" Ell asked. Edd and Matt looked at each other before turning to Ell. "Living room." Edd answered. "Kitchen." Matt answered at the same time as Edd. "Wait.." "Tamara said she's getting worried." Ell explained. Edd listened attentively and Matt was trying to remember whether he and Edd were in the kitchen or the living room. "Why?" Edd asked. "She said there's a disturbance." Ell said. "With her headset."
"Hm."
"She doesn't know where it's coming from though. She suspects Tori could be interfering with something of Tom's on the other end."
"So she thinks Tom's in trouble and that's what's causing her headset to go freak on her?"
"Pretty much."
Matt shook his head. "Wait what?" He asked. "I'm confused." Edd sighed and explained what he and Ell just talked about to him. "Damn." Matt said. "It's been what? 0.05 seconds into the mission and Tom's already being tied up?" Edd let out a small laugh and Ell snorted. "Anyway," Matt continued, "Where's Tam now?" "Medbay." Ell answered. "Medbay?" Edd repeated.
"Do you not call it that?"
"Wha-No."
"Oh."
Ell cocked her head to the side and walked into the hallway with Edd and Matt. She stopped in front of Tom's front door. "She's got some kind of headache so if she's a little different, don't judge her." Ell said. Edd nodded and Ell opened the door. "Is she okay?" Ell asked. Matilda shook her head slowly. "Not exactly." She answered. Tamara held her head and groaned. She lay on Tom's bed, exhausted and tired. "What happened?" Edd asked. Tamara sighed. "I don't know. I was fine one moment and then my headset went haywire." She explained. "Is anyone else this hot? Jesus, I swear it feels like a desert in here!" Matt sucked in some air with his teeth.
Tamara looked at Ell and Ell nodded. Tamara sighed. "If you don't like blood please look away." She said. "What?" Matt asked. "What do you me-OH MY GOD!" Tamara turned to him. "I mean, I told you to look away." She said. Tamara's "eyes" weren't just gone, they were black. Dried blood stained Tamara's face. The skin around her eyes were scarred and her right "eye" was shut closed, a scar on top of it. "What-What happened to you!?" Matt asked. "War scars." Tamara answered. Matt stared, horrified. "Just kidding." Tamara joked. "I-Wha-Why?-I.." Matt stuttered. Edd pushed him out of the room. Matilda left to go comfort him. "So you think something's wrong with Tom?" Edd asked. Tamara nodded. "I should've taught him." She said quietly. "We never should've let him go, he's not ready--I messed up. Again." Ell sighed. "It wasn't your fault." She said.
"They probably have him now!"
"But you shouldn't beat yourself about it."
"I should Ell! Because I didn't teach him how to use his fucking headset properly!"
"You said his head would explode! You were doing the right thing, waiting until he was ready!"
"But right now he needs help, my head is fucking burning up, and we're-"
"We're what?"
"We're a mess!"
"Tamara we'll find a way!"
"What if we don't!? What if we don't this time Jamie?"
Ell stood in silence. Edd looked around the room nervously. "I'm just gonna go." He said. Both Ell and Tamara turned to him and Ell pointed to the door. "Go!" Hey both exclaimed in unison. Edd nodded and quickly walked out of the room.
Edd sighed. He looked at the bedroom door, then at Matt and Matilda, then thougt about Tom. What if they were in trouble this time? What if there wasn't a way out? What if-no. Edd sighed. He could think like this. He just needed to get everything situated, stop Tord and his other self, and get out.

But of course, it wouldn't be easy.