Exercises, Car ride, and Experiment

Both girls walked around watching the men as they were doing exercises she watched as they all they did push ups. "Faster ladies. Come on. My Grandmother has more life in her. God rest her soul." Carter said strict. 

"Move it!" She said more strict then her. She walked around watching them closely. "Up." She commanded. They all stopped and stood straight up. "Jumping Jacks." She said. The two girls walked around watching them. 

"Come on girls." Carters told them. She looked over at Colonel Phillips and Dr. Erskine as the Colonel held a grenade. She watched as he threw it right in the middle of the new recruits. 

"GRENADE!" The Colonel yelled. The other men scrambled away but Steve just got on his side on top of the grenade. 

"Get away! Get back!" Steve yelled as he covered the grenade waiting for it to go off. She sighed to see it was only fake. 

"It was a dummy grenade. All clear. Back in formation." The officer said. She just watched Steve with a small smile. 

"Is this is a test?" He asked. She went over to him nicely and helped him stand up on his feet. 

In the car she looked out the window as the driver takes them to the experiment room. "I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot. And behind that diner." He pointed out looking down. 

"Did you have something against running away?" She asked looking at him. 

"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. Can't say no forever, right?" He answered. 

"I honestly have no idea what that's like. To have every door shut in your face." she said looking at him. 

"I guess I just don't know why you'd wanna join the army if you're a beautiful dame. Or a beautiful... a woman. A Sergeant, not a dame! You are beautiful, but..." He struggled. She looked over at him seriously. 

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman do you?" She asked. 

"This is the longest conversation I've had with one. Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on." He said looking down. 

"You danced?" She asked. 

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying. And the past few years just didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait." He answered. 

"For what?" She asked one more time. 

"For the right partner." He answered. The driver pulled up to an antique as the conversation ends. 

They both got out of the car and walked to the antique store with Steve putting his soldier's hat on his head. "This way." She said as the two walked. 

"What are we doing here?" He asked curious. 

"Just follow me." She told him. Both of them walked into the store. When they got to the entrance they both walked inside to the store owner her with a slightly warming smile.

"Wonderful weather this morning, isn't it?" The owner asked. 

"Yes but i always carry an umbrella." She answered. The owner smiled as she allowed them to walk all the way in and into the secret door. She walked in with Steve beside her to the experiment room looking down at the scientists working. They both walked down to Dr. Abraham who was ready. 

"Good morning." He said as she stepped away from the camera as the person took a picture. "Please, not now." He turned to Steve after getting on to the photographer. "Are you ready?" He asked him. Steve just nodded yes at him as Marissa watched them from the sidelines. "Good. Take off your shirt, your tie and your hat." He told him. She watched as he did exactly as he was told placing his hat, shirt and tie on the side neat enough. He laid down on the table as they got him all set up. "Comfortable?" He asked. 

"It's a little big. You save me any of that schnapps?" He asked looking at him. 

"Not as much as I should have. Sorry. Next time. Mr. Stark, how are your levels?" He asked Howard stark as he walked up to them. 

"Levels at 100%" He answered. 

"Good." Abraham said. 

"We may dim half the lights in Brooklyn, but we are ready as we'll ever be." Howard told them. She looked at him as Dr. Abraham walked to her. 

"Sergeant Jones? Don't you think you would be more comfortable in the booth?" He asked. 

"Oh yes sorry." She answered. She walked away and looked back at Steve as she walks. Once she was seated she watched them work. She watched as they got started. In the middle of it she heard his scream of pain and jumped up and walked out. "Turn it off!" She demanded. 

"Kill the reactor, Mr. Stark! Turn it off! Kill it! Kill the reactor!" Abraham yelled. 

"No! I can do it!" Steven yelled. They continued until the machine shut down automatically. She walked down quickly when the door opened and Dr. Abraham and Howard helped him down. 

"How do you feel?" She asked holding a shirt looking at him. 

"Taller." He answered. 

"You are taller." She told him with a small smile handing him the shirt. She looks at him with a small smile. She turned over to congratulate the Dr but watched him get shot and ran after the shooter getting her hand ready. She seen the woman killed but kept running after him with her hand in glass shards ready. She got out and fired some shots at him and pulled her gun out and aimed at the person's head about to shoot him only to get pushed out of the way by Steven. "I had him!" She yelled angered. 

"Sorry!" He yelled back as he stood up and started running after the person leaving her standing there.