Oh, f -

"How did I know I'd find you here?" The English accent announced quite angrily over all other sounds in the room. You almost choked on your own gasp as you spun around to look into the Nightmare King's unamused expression piercing you from the other side of the room after him having stepped out of the shadows.

The five Guardians also spread out within the room, alarmed, paused everything they were doing to quickly face their enemy. North was the first one out of all of them not to hesitate to reach under his heavy fur cloak with both hands and whip out two sharply-curved swords with a slide of metal, his bushy brows furrowing into a scowl at the dark spirit standing just yards away. However, the split second that the bearded male pointed his weapons toward the king, Pitch swiftly yanked across his chest from the sheath hanging by his hip from his waistline to unveil his own sword consisting of a long silver blade and an encrusted gold handle with a language you could not fully decipher. Extending his arm fully and aiming his glistening weapon at the other armed male with a towering stance, he eyed the Guardians darkly and gritted his bared jagged teeth.

That's when the four other Guardians hurried in front of you to come to your defense. Tooth yanked out two rapiers similar to what North wielded and aimed them toward Pitch, Bunny flipped a pair of boomerangs into his paws, Sandy summoned his sands to form whips that curled around his figure, and Jack pointed the tip of his staff to his foe. All of them bore threatening expressions with eyes like daggers. The room went so still that you were able to hear a pin drop. The King of Nightmares released a low growl at the sight of them protecting you.

"You stay away from her..." he demanded lowly to North and the others.

"You first," Bunny spat back. Your eyes flipped back and forth between the Guardians in front of you and Pitch standing past them near the opposite end of the room. The entire situation had come to a standstill, and you worried that if either Pitch or one of the Guardians twitched a shoulder at the slightest, all hell would break loose. Both sides were technically defending you with altered points of view, and you wanted to shrink away knowing that you were sort of the one who brought Pitch and the Guardians into this situation anyway. So, not seeing any other way out without a fight, that's when you decided to take the matter into your own hands.

With a deep intake of air, you pivoted and slowly started walking to the side behind the Guardians. Once meeting the end of their row of defense, you stepped around the barrier they cast and, with your held now held high, made your way calmly in between the two facing sides. All of their eyes were glued to you as you padded into the center of the room until you stopped yourself to separate Pitch and the Guardians with your figure. You were turned to the side so that you could see both parties out from the corners of your eyes, and you partially lifted both of your hands to the sides as a signal to put an end to a battle that has yet to begin. You could tell that both Jack and Tooth let their jaws fall almost completely at your confident stance, no matter how much you were holding back from shaking out of natural nervousness. There was a gigantic engraved 'G' carved into the wood of the floor beneath where you stood, and there you were, preventing the Guardians and the Nightmare King from having it out over you while you were still bare-footed. 

"(Y/n), sheila," Bunny called to you from one side with seriousness, "stand aside."

Pitch at your other side, still pointing his sword toward the Guardians, had yet to remove his striking eyes from you while he added to the Pooka's statement. "I don't want you hurt," he spoke sternly past a clenched jaw. You narrowed your eyes in his direction.

"I was perfectly fine until you got here," you remarked with notable irritability, enough to have the king taken aback by a twinge. You decided to turn your head to him the rest of the way to see him fully. It was almost apologetic, but you managed to maintain sincerity in your grounded position. "Pitch," you spoke with audible emotion through your attempted stern tone, "stop this."