day 9, 9/20 kisses

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

It was a good thing it was Sunday today and they didn't have any work. Amanda was grateful for that because she wanted to be there for Ginny and give her what she wanted. Ginny was grateful because she didn't want to be at Quidditch practice yet, the memories of yesterday were still fresh in her mind, and the Quidditch pitch would only remind her of the amazing Seeker of the Gryffindor team.

Though they did have the weekly meeting at the Burrow, Amanda thought she would just send a letter to the Weasleys about how she and Ginny wanted to spend some time alone together. She did think that Harry would be there, and Ginny wasn't ready yet to see the boy, especially since he might bring Jason to the Burrow. That would break Ginny, and Amanda did not want that to happen.

Amanda's entire body was aching since they slept on the couch and Ginny was on top of her for the whole night. She sighed and opened her eyes to see Ginny already awake and staring at her.

"Good morning, Gin. Did I wake you up? I'm sorry," said Amanda with concern in her tone.

Ginny shook her head. "No. I've been awake for a few minutes already." Amanda simply nodded, and Ginny blushed slightly when she realized their position and thought about how the Ravenclaw might have been feeling uncomfortable. "Sorry."

"Don't worry, it's fine. You don't have to apologize." Amanda let out a yawn and stretched herself on the couch. She looked up at Ginny and smiled before standing up and ruffling the younger girl's hair. "Go wash up. I'll cook us food."

Ginny let Amanda push her to the bathroom and washed up. Amanda wrote a letter quickly to the Weasleys before she went to the kitchen and looked around for what she could cook. She decided to cook Ginny's favorite sausages and treacle tarts for dessert. She hoped the meal would cheer up the girl a little bit. Amanda was so immersed in her thoughts and in cooking her meal that she did not see Ginny come out from the bathroom with a little smile on her face. She walked slowly to the cooking girl and wrapped her arms around her waist.

"Wha-" Amanda almost dropped the pan. She turned around slightly and saw Ginny looking up from her shoulder. The younger girl was all freshened up and she looked better than she had yesterday. She smiled at Ginny gently. "I'm almost finished, all right? Just a few minutes more."

"Thank you." Ginny did not let go of the older girl and continued hugging her.

Amanda thought she was talking about breakfast and laughed slightly. "Sausages aren't that hard to make, darling."

"I'm not talking about the sausages, you fool." Ginny tightened her hold on the older girl and nuzzled her face into Amanda's back.