days are up

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

Amanda slowly calmed down. She didn't know how long she had been crying and how long she was standing there, but she suddenly remembered what she needed to do. Amanda wiped away her tears and walked shakily to the living room. She turned off the television and entered her room.

Smiling slightly, Amanda looked around her unusually clean room. She went to her cabinets and drawers and put in all her things in her luggage. She was going to Albania and staying there to protect the Wizarding World and finish it once and for all. Amanda didn't know how long she was staying there, but she knew she wasn't coming back right away. She was going to be transferred to America after her mission, helping out with the Confoundables.

Amanda looked around one last time with a small smile on her face. She was going to miss this. She saw some paper, quill and ink on her table and thought if she should write a letter to Ginny. She walked over to the table slowly and picked up the quill, starting to write. It was the last thing she could give to Ginny.

Once she finished her letter, Amanda folded it and stood up. She picked up her bag and checked the time. She had a few minutes before she had to go. She entered Ginny's room and laughed at the messiness. She put down the letter at the table and smiled softly. As she went into the living room, a Sea Otter patronus came.

"Hey Ada!" Eliza's voice came out. "Where are you? It's been 5 minutes already."

Amanda decided to ignore the Patronus and look around one last time with a sad smile. She always imagined that she would be living the rest of her life in this flat, satisfied with being Ginny's best friend. And she honestly thought she would be fine no matter what would happen with the deal, but she was wrong. The more kisses she shared with Ginny, the more she fell in love and the more hurt she was feeling.

Clearing her throat, Amanda wiped away the tears that unknowingly rolled down her face. Without another glance, she walked out the flat and down the stairs. She was surprised to see her neighbor, Mrs. Gibbins.

"Oh, Amanda dear. Would you like to have some tea?" Mrs. Gibbins smiled widely at her. Her face fell when she noticed the luggage. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Just a week of vacation, Mrs. Gibbins." Amanda smiled softly. "Take care."

"Take care, dear." Mrs. Gibbins walked past her, and Amanda let out a shaky breath. She walked down the stairs, and waited for a cab to come. To her surprise, a familiar car came and stopped in front of her.

"Daphne?" Amanda knocked on the window.

The door opened to reveal Daphne, smiling at her. "Dear cousin, I knew you missed me."