day 1, 1/20 kisses

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

"Hey, Eli?" said Amanda mindlessly stirring her coffee.

"Yes, Ada?"

"How long did it take for you to fall in love with Hermione?" Amanda's question made Eliza look up at her in confusion, wondering what was she going on about all of a sudden.

"I don't know? I just fell in love with her. Why?" Eliza asked.

"Really? Don't you have a specific number or something?" Amanda pushed on.

"Hmmm." Eliza thought about it, thinking what could have happened to make Amanda ask this. Then, her eyes lit up in excitement. Had she finally fallen out of love with Ginny Weasley? Had she finally found someone else? "I think, 20 days?"

"Really?" Amanda's eyes lit up and she hugged Eliza across the counter. "Thank you, Eliza."

"Anytime, Amanda, but-" She was cut off because Amanda suddenly ran out of her flat. Eliza stared at the door before shaking her head and sipping her coffee again, reading the book she had been reading then the door swung open.

"So, are you going to tell me why you're being weird now?" said Eliza, thinking it was Amanda who came in.

"I just arrived, love," giggled Hermione and she kissed Eliza's cheek. "Good evening to you."

"Good evening," said Eliza softly and she leaned in to kiss Hermione on the lips. "Sorry about that. It's just Amanda was being weird."

"She did ask me something a while ago," said Hermione, making her own cup of coffee.

"Was it about how long it took you to fall in love with me?"

"Yes, how did you know?" asked Hermione in surprise.

"That's why she was being weird!" Eliza started pacing in confusion and frustration. "I was just making coffee then she suddenly asked that. Did she maybe fall out of love with Ginny? Did she fall in love with someone else? But she would tell me if that happened right?"

"Love," said Hermione gently. She walked over to Eliza and placed her hands on the shorter girl's shoulders.

Eliza looked up at her with a worried gaze. "What if she's in trouble or something?"

"She won't, love." Hermione cupped the Ravenclaw's face and started rubbing her thumbs over her cheeks, making Eliza close her eyes and relax. "You know Ada. She's smart enough to know what she should and should not do."