day 13, 13/20 kisses

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

Amanda got home late after talking a lot with her friends and she had to bring the two boys home because they were too drunk. As she was too tired, she felt too lazy to cook breakfast so she just prepared two bowls of cereals for her and Ginny. While they ate, Amanda could see how Ginny had bags under her eyes as if she hadn't slept well at all.

"Are you all right, Gin?" Amanda asked her worriedly. "You looked like you haven't slept well."

Ginny shook herself out of her thoughts and looked up at Amanda. "What?"

"I asked if you were all right." Amanda was worried at the clear exhaustion on Ginny's face.

"Oh yeah." Ginny nodded while smiling slightly at her roommate. "We just have the usual test today. Gwenog's testing us to see who would be in the starting line up, and I was just reading some of the plays last night."

Amanda looked at Ginny with a frown on her face before letting out a sigh and smiling softly at Ginny. "Don't worry about your test, Gin. Just relax. I know you're going to ace it, and you'll be the best chaser on the team."

"Really? Do you think I'll pass?" Ginny asked with hope in her voice.

Amanda chuckled softly and smiled widely at the Chaser. "Of course. That's a fact. You're a bloody great player, and you're so hardworking. You don't stop until you get the results you want. That's how I know you'll be the Ace Chaser on the Harpies."

And Ginny felt all of the tenseness leave her body, a new fire burning in her at Amanda's words, and she knew that she would be taking her test with Amanda's words in mind. Amanda was the type to keep her thoughts to herself because she found it hard to express what she felt in words, but the advice the older girl gave her was everything to Ginny. Amanda was the light in Ginny's darkest hours. Whether she was feeling heartbroken or exhausted or stressed, Amanda would be there to make her feel better with her mere presence and sweet words.

"Thank you, Ada." Ginny smiled softly at Amanda who blushed and looked back down at her food. Ginny couldn't help but smile even wider at the flustered Auror. The two of them finished breakfast at 9 AM, and Amanda washed up quickly since she only had a few minutes before work.

While Amanda was fixing her necktie in front of the mirror, she took a glance at Ginny who was so focused on reading the Quidditch plays. Amanda smiled in amusement before she took something from the refrigerator and set it down in front of Ginny. Seeing that Ginny was still preoccupied with her papers, Amanda tapped her on the shoulder.

"What is it?" Ginny mumbled under her breath, still reading the plays.

Amanda rolled her eyes before taking the notebook from Ginny. "Here, Gin." She started leaning in and Ginny's eyes fluttered shut in anticipation of the kiss, but she was surprised when Amanda's lips landed on her forehead, and instead of her lips. Her eyes opened to see Amanda with the soft look in her eyes that was reserved for Ginny only.