Knight in shining armor (Sophia)

Y/n's pov

I'm currently walking down the cold and icy streets of New York City with my best friend Emma.

"Emma remind me why you said we were walking" I say blowing some air into my cupped hands trying to warm them up.

"We're in New York Y/n finding parking would take forever."

"Yeah well-" I get cut off by some yelling near by.

"Come on Soph! We're going to be late!" A woman yells from the opposite side of the street.

"Coming!" A young woman yells in response and looks around then walks into the street. Seconds later a car comes flying around the corner and slams on its breaks but since the roads are icy it looses control and starts spinning. I quickly run out and pull the young woman back into me so she doesn't get hit. I look down into her dark brown eyes.

"You saved me" she whispers but I don't say anything in return.

"Oh my god Soph!" A few other women start towards us so I look at the woman in my arms one last time before I turn to leave.

"Hey wait" the woman who's name must be Sophia says I go to turn but Emma calls me

"Hey we gotta go your father won't be happy if you're late...again" she says and I roll my eyes but leave with her anyways. We arrive at our destination and take the elevator to the top floor. The doors open and I see my mothers assistant who I great politely. I walk into my mothers office causing her to look up and smile warmly at me.

"Hello Y/n" she says getting up giving me a hug and kiss on the cheek

"Hello mother" I smile slightly. "Is father here yet?"

"No you just beat him here" she smiles and I nod. As if on queue he walks into the office and I stand up a little straighter.

"Y/n I'm glad you could be on time today" he says with a piercing gaze

"Come on Christian don't start" mom says

"I'm not starting anything Anastasia. Just stating the truth" he says

"Right can we just move on to the reason we're having this meeting?" I ask

"The company is have a ball. It's going the be a masquerade" mom says excitedly. A masquerade ball? What is this the 16th century?

"A ball for what?" I ask

"We are making a generous donation to the women's soccer team" father says catching me off guard

"This is a little unusual. We don't usually make donations to sports teams" I say

"Yes well you're mother wanted to make a donation to someone new" father says so I nod.

"Y/n I had our stylist pick out a nice suit for you and I'm leaving you to pick a mask" mom smiles and I nod.

"This is tonight I assume" I ask

"Yes" they say at the same time

"Can Emma come?"

"No"

"Yes" mom glares at him

"Fine she can come as long as she behaves herself" he sighs.

"Right. Well excuse me but I believe I need to get ready" I say and with that I exit and look at Emma.

"Where we going?"

"Back to my apartment. We have to get ready"

"Ready for what?"