Where do broken hearts go? pt 2

*please read the author's note at the end*

Y/n's pov

6 months. Half a year. That's how long it's been since I've last seen Tierna and to be quite honest time and distance hasn't helped with my feelings for her. Christen and Tobin have been helping me out while I've been over in man city and the rest of the girls have been great as well. Some even showed interest but I never attempted to start anything new because I'm still hung up over Tierna. It pains me to admit that she's probably moved on and forgotten all about me after all she has Alison.

"Are you thinking about her again?" A soft voice pulls me out of my thoughts. I look over and see Christen looking at me her eyes showing concern.

"Y-yeah I... do you think I made a mistake?" I ask causing her to hum

"Only you know the answer to that Y/n." I pout at her response which causes her to chuckle

"I know that wasn't the answer you wanted to hear but it's the truth" she continues and I nod. Honestly I'd probably be in a worse state if I stayed in Chicago with her.

"It'll work itself out Y/n love always does"

"You sound like some cheesy movie" I chuckle

"Well I mean there has to be some truth behind it for almost every romance movie in existence says it" she smiles

"Anyways have you fully adjusted to living in the city yet?" She smiles trying to change the topic which I'm slightly grateful for.

"Yeah. I already have a favorite coffee shop thanks to some of the recommendations from the girls. They definitely gave me all the details about where to get the best food and drinks around so I'm thankful for that" I laugh slightly

"Ha they did the same thing when Tobin and I first came over here" she chuckles then her phone goes off.

"Hey I have to go now Tobin and I are scheduled to do an online interview about our company"

"Have fun" I tease causing her to roll her eyes. I hug her goodbye then make my way to my flat. When I approached the steps I saw someone sitting on the stairs so I stop at a distance making sure that if it was some psycho killer I at least had a few feet as a head start.

"Hey!" I call out but when the person looked up I swear my heart stopped.

Tierna.

Our eyes met and she approached me rather quickly. She goes to say something but I stop her.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you"

"That's an awfully long way to go"

"Y/n we need to talk"

"Why don't you talk with Alison? She's your girlfriend after all" I know it seems like I'm being cold but I can't let her know that I still think about her day and night.

I can't let her know that I still love her.

"No she isn't Y/n please just listen to me" she pleads I sigh and lead us inside to my flat. I hang up my coat and walk into the kitchen.

"Do you want some coffee or tea?" I ask turning on the coffee machine so I can have a cup.

"Um coffee please with-"

"I know two sugars and cream. I remember" I say softly as I ready the two cups. I carry them to the couch and motioned her to join me. I hand her the cup and I go to drink mine as we sit in silence.

"Somebody steal your car radio or something? Because we're sitting in silence. You said you wanted to talk so talk" I sigh

"Y/n I- I just wanted to say I'm sorry"

"For what" I ask raising an eyebrow

"For being an idiot and for breaking your heart And for being too afraid to tell you how I really felt" she whispered the last part causing me to nearly choke on my coffee. She sighs looks at me.

"Y/n the only reason why I even bothered with Alison was to distract myself from my feelings for you. I was terrified that you would only think of me as a friend and when I asked at the cafe and you agreed I knew I couldn't confess my feelings for you. But when you told me you were in love with me but you were leaving I didn't know what to do. I- I shouldn't have left that night I should've just told you how I felt about you right then and there-"

"But you didn't"

"No and I hated myself for not doing so"

"So you decided to wait 6 months to tell me this"

"I thought that maybe with you leaving you would find someone and be happy. I told myself that if you were happy then I would have to be okay with that and that I would have to live with my mistake. But I can't do that, I can't keep going on with my life lying awake at night thinking about you and how you aren't mine" she says and I feel my heartbeat start to quicken.

"Y/n what I'm trying to say is that I'm not afraid anymore and I'm not going to just give up and let somebody else have you. I need you Y/n."

"I love you" she says grabbing my hands. She loves me, she said she loves me. The girl I've been in love with for so long finally feels the same. I feel a tear slip from my eye and I grin. I bring my hands up to her face and connect our lips for the first time in months. God I've missed her lips and now they are all mine.

"I promise I won't ever hurt you again like I did Y/n" she says kissing my head.

"I love you Tierna Davidson"

"And I love you Y/n L/n. Forever and always I promise"

———————————————————————
Hey guys here's part 2 of where do broken hearts go? Hope you all enjoyed it. As always don't forget to vote and comment!

A/n: How would y'all feel about me writing a book about a different fandom? 🙈

Ps. If you haven't already, go check out 4,911 miles and show it some love!