Enemies or lovers (Lindsey)

Lindsey's pov

"Lindsey hurry up I'm hungry for some avocado toast" Mal whines for the hundredth time as if it'll get me to move any faster. I finish putting the finishing touches on my makeup and go over my hair one more time to make sure I look okay.

"Why are you even dressing up? We're literally going to Thump" Mal says and I hear Rose laugh

"Maybe she's getting all dressed up for a certain Canadian" Rose says and I can tell she's smirking but I try to play it off

"What can't I go out in public not wearing sweatpants for a day" I ask and the two exchange glances but don't respond as we leave the room to meet Sonnett and Kelley in the lobby of the hotel. The five of us make our way to the coffee cafe which also has the best avocado toast you'll have in your life and once we make our way inside I scan the small cozy place for her. I sigh as I see her teammates sitting at a table but not her, I feel a pat on the back and turn to see Kelley giving me a small smile and I give one back. We make our way to the counter and and order and grab a table that isn't too far away from the Canadians as some of them are friends of ours from our club teams. We chat and we laugh occasionally as sonnett tries to dance in the booth, they all get quiet as they glance behind me causing me to turn around and my breath catches in my throat and my heartbeat quickens as my eyes land on the beautiful Canadian striker Y/n L/n. She glances up and we make eye contact for a brief second before I quickly turn around blushing madly. I hear my friends chuckle as hide my faces in my hands. Gosh what is happening i'm acting like a young school girl who gets a crush on a boy for the first time.

"You okay meep?" Mal asks in a teasing tone

"Yeah you look like a tomato right now" Kelley teases and I quickly grab my water and drink some of it hoping it'll help calm me down somehow and I clear my throat.

"Uh um y-yeah I just- what's she doing right now?" I ask not wanting to turn back around.

"Well they just got their food and it looks like she got the avocado toast" Mal says

"Okay and what is she doing now?" I ask

"Well now she's picking it up and taking a bite-" Kelley starts

"And now she's chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing-" Sonnett starts

"Okay I get it sonnett" I roll my eyes

"Hey you wanted to know" she says raising her hands up in defense.

"You should go talk to her Lindsey" Rose says

"What no way i'm not doing that" I say quickly as we get the rest of our order

"Well it looks like you won't have too because here she comes" Kelley smirks

"What! How do I look" I rush out

"Fine"

"Pretty"

"Cute"

"Like a crazy lady" Sonnett ends earning a punch from Kelley

"Ouch I was kidding" She says

"Kidding about what?" I hear her voice rasp out and I look up at her quickly

"Uh nothing!" I say

"Naw we were talking about how Lindsey looks and I said she looks like a crazy lady. What do you think Y/n?" Sonnett asks and I glare at her knowing what she was doing.

"I think Lindsey looks beautiful" Y/n says giving me a smile and I smile back

"Thank you, um what did you get here?" I ask like I didn't already know

"Um the avocado toast, I really love it" She smiles

"Oh my gosh me too how weird!" I say and she looks at me quizzically

"Weird?"

"Yeah you and I both like Avacado toast that's strange" I say

"Uh I think a lot of people like avocado toast, especially the people at this table as you all seem to got one" She chuckles "Um anyways I'll see y'all tomorrow at the game" Y/n says and we bid her farewell as she walks away.

"Dude your flirting game sucks ass" Kelley laughs causing the others to do so as well and I just lean my head back sighing. At least I'll see her tomorrow

The next day

I'm sitting on the bench as the second half of the game against Canada starts. We have such a rivalry with them and the fact that its still 0-0 says that its been a hard fought game between both sides so far. Canada gets a break away due to a giveaway in our midfield and Christine Sinclair takes off and I see Y/n making a run into the box but none of our defenders pick her up and Sinclair crosses it and Y/n sends it flying into the back of the net. She runs to the corner and celebrates as her team comes running and joining in. Around the 70th minute Jill tells me to warm up and I get subbed in for Sam. I get the ball going in for a challenge against one of their players and we start our counter attack, I get the ball back and I see Alex making a run at the back line so I send the ball up and over placing it perfectly for her and she gets the goalie one on one and sends her the wrong way making the score 1-1. The game ends in a draw and we all shake hands and Y/n comes up to me.

"Horan" she smirks

"L/n" I say

"Ya know I should be mad that you came in here and helped ruin our win today" she says playfully

"Hmm well you don't sound very mad" I smile and so does she.

"Um im just going to be bold about this, can I have your number so we can meet up and I don't know, get some weird avocado toast later?" She smiles

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I grin

"Yeah I think I am" she smiles

"Well I accept ill dm you my number when I get my phone later"

"All right I'll catch you later Horan"

"See ya L/n" we hug then go our separate ways and I see Sonnett smirking

"Did you get your girl?"

"Yeah I think I did"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys here's the first one shot, I hope I did okay. As always don't forget to vote and comment your request down below!