How To Be A Lady (Christen)

*g!p Y/n in this one shot*

Y/n's pov

I park the car letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Babe, relax there's no need to be nervous" My wife chuckles.

"Right nothing to worry about. Just a check up" I nod to myself. We walk into the OBGYN office taking a seat. My wife goes to check in while I scroll through my phone. I feel a presence next to me and I know it's my wife so I intertwine our hands.

"Ya know if you would've told me a few years ago I'd be sitting here with you I'd have told you, you were crazy" she chuckles and I crack a smile.

"I knew it would only be a matter of time before you fell for the L/n charm" I wink

5 years ago

"All right that's it for tonight! Thank you all for coming out!" I say into the microphone waving goodbye to my fans. I walk backstage where my manager pulls me aside.

"Great performance Y/n, come on there's someone who wants to meet you" he says dragging me down the hallway.

"Okay, okay geez you don't have to drag me" I chuckle. I see a gorgeous woman and I get nervous. She looks towards us and sends me a warm smile, I see her eyes light up.

"Y/n this is Christen Press. She plays for the us women's national team". I stick my hand out which she shakes.

"Sorry if my hand was sweaty, I just got off stage...it also happens when I meet a pretty woman" I say mumbling the last part, I hear her laugh and I swear it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

"That's okay and thank you! You know you're not so bad yourself" she winks

"I know we just met but would you care to grab dinner with me?"

"I'd love too" she smiles

Present day

"Christen L/n?" A voice breaks me out of my memory and I smile hearing the nurse call my wife's name. We stand up and follow the nurse to the back, we enter a room and I help Christen onto the seat. I watch as the nurse preps everything then a knock on the door breaks the silence in the room.

"Hi Christen I'm doctor Grey, it's nice to meet you and you as well Y/n" she smiles.

"Okay this is going to be cold, but this will help us see inside your belly" Doctor Grey says squirting a decent amount of gel onto Christens stomach. Oh god this is actually happening. That's my child inside of Christen, OUR child. What if I'm not good enough to be a parent, what if I let Christen down? What if-

I feel a hand grip mine breaking me out of my thoughts, I look up to see Christen who offers me an encouraging smile as if she knew what was going through my head right now. I look up and hear the beeps coming from the machine showing the baby's heartbeat. I was terrified but excited at the same time.

"Here is your baby's heartbeat it's eight weeks along so far, and everything looks good. We've taken a few pictures, I'll go grab them off the copier for you all to take home" Doctor Grey smiles exiting the room while the nurse cleans off the gel on Christens stomach.

"I can't wait to meet our baby" Christen smiles excitedly

9 months later

"UGHHHHH" Christen yells while gripping the  ever living hell out of my hand. I use my other free one to wipe some of the sweat running down her forehead with a cloth.

"You're doing great babe" I whispered pressing a kiss against her head.

"Just a little more Christen!" The nurse says. I've chosen to focus on Christens face because I don't want to be one of those people who passes out once the baby comes out. I watch Christen give one last push and moments later I hear crying. I see the nurse cut the umbilical cord then dry off the baby, wrapping it in a blanket.

"Here's your baby girl. What's her name?"

"Isabella Faith L/n" Christen smiles placing a kiss on Isabellas head. I can feel my heart pounding out of my chest as I look at our little girl.

"Do you want to hold her?" Christen smiles. I nod and I gently take Isabella in my arms.

"Hey little one" I grin when she wrapped her little hand around my finger. I knew then and there that this little girl would own my heart.

A few months later

"Okay so as you all know, I now have a daughter named Isabella and she is my world." I hear the crowd 'aww' so I turn around to see a picture of Christen, Isabella and myself on the big screen.

"I know, I've got two beautiful ladies in my life, I can't believe I got so lucky. So I wrote a new song and I was wondering if y'all wanted to hear it?" I hear the crowd scream giving me the okay.

"All right! I wrote this song for Isabella and Christen and it's called Lady" I say and I hear the starting cords begin so I start on the guitar.

I remember when I first heard your heartbeat. It had only been eight weeks
Standing there, starin' at that screen was the First time you ever scared me

God knows I don't know
Exactly what I'm doin', but
Good news, we got her to get through it

I hope you look just like your mama
And love her like I do
You'll see close to perfect patience
If you watch her every move
You can always run to daddy
You'll always be my baby, but
Look at her, baby girl
And you'll learn
How to be a lady
Just how to be a lady
Mm-mm

I can make ya laugh 'til you cry
But she can make your tears dry, and
When you get your heart broke by the wrong guy
She can make it right

I hope you look just like your mama
And love her like I do
You'll see close to perfect patience
If you watch her every move
You can always run to daddy
You'll always be my baby, but
Look at her, baby girl
And you'll learn
How to be a lady
Mm-mm
Just how to be a lady
Oh-oh

She'll hear you
She'll hold you
She'll help you through
She'll fix you
And me too

I hope you look just like your mama
And love her like I do (love her like I do)
You'll see close to perfect patience
If you watch her every move (every move)
You can always run to daddy
You'll always be my baby, but
Look at her, baby girl
And you'll learn
How to be a lady
Just how to be a lady

I finish the song and I smile blowing a kiss into the camera knowing that Christen and little Isabella were watching at home.

"I love you Isabella and Christen"

———————————————————————-
Hello everyone here is another one shot for you, I hope you enjoyed it. I really recommend listening to the song Lady by Brett Young as it's a beautiful song. As always don't forget to vote and comment.