Chapter 22: A Putrid Potion

Someone grabbed my hand

Someone grabbed my hand. I whipped my head around. My hair bouncing and I froze when I saw who it was.

"Malfoy..." I spat, disgusted. I observed him for a second. His usual cocky smirk was nowhere to be found. Instead, it was replaced by a small and concerned frown, his grey eyes widened as the sight of me.

"A-Angel, are you ok? I saw what happened on the pitch and it looked like it really hurt. I mean f-for a second I thought you were a goner," he said. At this moment in time, it was just me and him standing in the hallway. It was fine not being harassed by his goons all the time. I softened a little. Was the Draco Malfoy actually concerned about me?

"It did but I'm better now, thank you," I said giving him a small smile. He smirked. But again, it wasn't his usual smirk, it was a genuine one. Maybe Malfoy wasn't that bad after all.

"I better get going," I said. He looked a little disappointed and he dropped my wrist.

"O-Oh, ok," he replied, "I guess I will see you around." I smiled at him feeling a little happier than before.

----------

I sat in potions, my pencil hitting the table over and over again. This was the last lesson before we had to do it. I looked up at the small white clock which hung just above the door of the classroom. Only a few more minutes. I glanced over to Hermione who was a few seats away, but those few seats felt like miles. She looked back at me and nodded. We then turned to Harry and Ron who did the same. A look meant more than words.

"That is it for today," Snape said in his monotone voice. I jumped up grabbing my inkpot and quill along with my book and Harry, Ron, Hermione and I ran out of the classroom before anyone had time to say a word. Our pants could be heard from miles away as we ran around twists and turns before bursting into the bathroom. The cauldron was still there, in the centre of the room. We were all in such a hurry that I immediately sat down behind the cauldron. I pulled out my wand from my pocket and aimed it to beneath the cauldron.

"Incendio," I said and we all watched as bright orange flames were sent out of my wand and stayed beneath it.

"Here," I said to Ron, grabbing my satchel and throwing it towards him. He caught it and instantly undid the latch.

"The book is forbidden potions, volume two," Hermione told him, helping him look through.

"Catch!" He yelled as he threw the large book. I grunted a little as it was heavy. I quickly flicked through its pages until I found it.

"Heat for an hour," I said, my finger tracing the ink. I looked up at the boys. " you better go, get the hairs and don't forget the robes," I told them. They nodded as walked out, the door shutting behind them.