Chapter 16: Late night adventures

I lay in bed at night constantly thinking to myself about that instant

I lay in bed at night constantly thinking to myself about that instant. I never knew my mother. I knew nothing about her; what she was like or even why she died. Remus and Nymphadora never told me anything about her, I doubt they even knew her and I couldn't ask Sirius because....he is in Azkaban. This was the thought that constantly would haunt me throughout the day. It was lunch now and I needed to get there as I was starving. I was packing up my bag from my dorm when I heard a faint,

"Meow," it was soft and sweet. I looked over to my bed to see Lilly sitting there, eyes wide. I sighed.

"Fine, you can come too," I replied in defeat as I scooped her up in my arms and made my way downstairs. I walked along the corridor with Hermione.

"We need to talk to Harry and Ron about this Angel, I think you have figured it out," she said as we looked at each other smiling away. We were almost at the hall when Hermione had a thought.

"Angel," she questioned.

"Mm," I replied as I stroked Lilly who purred gratefully.

"You know Malfoy called me a mudblood right," I stopped in my tracks and my eyes widened and my hair turned white on the ends, "what did it mean, I know it is an insult but I'm not sure what he meant by it."

My heart dropped. I was going to have to tell her at some point. I sighed.

"Mione, I...." I hesitated and looked down at the floor. "It is a name...a really foul name for someone who is muggleborn. He was saying that you have dirty blood and not pure magical blood like him. Families like Malfoy's think they are better than everyone else's because of their blood status which is absolute rubbish. Hermione, you are a great witch no matter if you are muggleborn, half-blood or pure. We love you for you and don't think for a second that we will push you out because of it because you are a queen as far as I'm concerned. "
I finished and looked up at Hermione who looked back at me and a single tear rolled down her cheek. I used my sleeve to wipe it away. She stared me in the eyes and I put Lilly down on the stone and pulled her into a tight hug. As we pulled away we looked at each other knowingly. She was like a sister to me and she meant the world to me. I hate to see her upset about a stupid name. I smiled sympathetically and she smiled back.

"Come on, I'm starving," I said as Lilly meowed quietly and jumped back into my arms and purred. We giggled a little as we walked along the stretching corridors when we heard a high squeaky voice coming from the other end.

"Haha dance you little boy!!!" A malicious cackle echoed through the hallway. My eyes widened and we peered around the corner. It was none other than Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bullstrobe who were shooting fireballs out of their wands and at a small first year's feet making him jump as high as he could. My blood boiled with anger and my hair turned red. In a fit of rage, I stormed up to them and pointed my wand at them.