Chapter 2: The shopping trip and the Irish boy

As soon as the floo powder left Remus' hand, dancing green flames submerged us

As soon as the floo powder left Remus' hand, dancing green flames submerged us. I closed my eyes and clutched onto Nymphadora and Remus for dear life. I could feel my stomach turn inside out. Oh God. I think I'm going to be sick!!

Just then, my feet hit something solid. A cobblestone pavement landed under my feet and an abundance of shops came into my world. I felt a puke coming up to my mouth. I scanned the area for someplace to puke in private so I ran over to a small corner and started to puke my guts out. Everyone was staring at me, this was so embarrassing. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. When I was done I heard a voice from behind me with a heavy Irish accent.

"First time travelling with floo powder, right?" I turned around slowly but trying to act confident.

"What makes you think it's my first time," I crossed my arms and looked at him.

"That's what happened to me when I first used it." He smirked and I looked at the floor. "I'm Seamus." The boy stuck out his hand. He was a little shorter than me with light brown hair and striking blue eyes.

"I'm Angel" I shook his hand.

"Oh nice, see you around." He smile at me and walked off. He left me standing there, a little taken aback by his comment. I blushed a little but was snapped out of it when Nymph, Remus and Callum ran up to me.

"Are you alright dear?" said Nymph as she passed me a tissue and Callum rubbed my back.

"Yeah...I'm fine," I said. My glance went to Seamus who was now walking down the street to meet one of his friends.

"Anyway, you should probably get your wand now." Said, Callum. "Mine was 12 and 3/4 inches, Unicorn hair and Maple wood!"

"I'm surprised you remembered all that," I said cheekily

"Shut it you!" He laughed.

Callum is older than me so that was a few years ago. But now, it's my turn.

°•~•°

I walked into Olivander's and look around at all the wand boxes and cabinets of cores and wood. The place was dark and had a mysterious feel to it. I heard footsteps coming towards me from behind the counter, and then I saw him. Mr Olivander. He looked so magical and creative. He took one look at me and smiled.

" I was wondering when I would be seeing you here, Miss Black." He narrows his eyes and then turns around to look through some wands.

"I distinctly remember your father's wand. He exploded my favourite inkpot when he was your age. He was rather a difficult one to find." I looked confused for a second and said,

"You could remember my father's wand?"

"Oh, I can remember every wand I have ever sold. I distinctly remember his wand was...A reed wand, 15 inches with a dragon heartstring core." I looked at him with astonishment. He pulled out one wand in a dark teel box and lid. He carefully opened it and placed it in my hands and said,

"14 inches Rowan wood and unicorn hair. Reasonably flexible."

I stood there blankly, not knowing what to do. Callum hadn't exactly told me a lot about finding a wand. he looked back at me and said,

"Go on, give it a wave!"

Oh ok, I flicked it and suddenly the lightbulb above my head shattered. I jumped out of the way to avoid the falling shards of glass and slowly placed it back on the counter.

"Apparently not that one."

He pondered for a second and then pulled out another box from under the counter and said

"Perhaps this. Dogwood wood with a phoenix feather core, 11 ¾" and slightly springy flexibility."

I flicked it again and a vase in the corner of the shop shattered into a million pieces.

"NO, no definitely not!"

He took out another dark magenta box and starred at it.

"...I wonder. You seem to have a very unique personality, my dear," he went on, " You see, the core in this wand is a Pheonix Feather, and you must have a unique personality as the wand chooses the wizard, Miss Black." He placed it in my hand. "Hazel wood with a phoenix feather core, 13 ¼" and reasonably supple flexibility"

As soon as the wand hit my hand, the lights In the room flickered. My eyes widened as I looked around at the room. Mr Olivander smiled and nodded his head.

"That seems to be the wand for you, Miss Black."

°•~•°

I lay awake in bed that night, stroking my new cat Lilly, thinking about what Mr Olivander had said. Wow, do I have a unique personality? I stared up into the darkness, praying that next week would come qui

cker, so I could finally go to Hogwarts. All my life I have been told about it, and now, I am finally going to go to this magical place so many call home.

 All my life I have been told about it, and now, I am finally going to go to this magical place so many call home