Chapter 26: Aragog

Gunna bless y'all with some Fred Weasley before we start this cause lord knows this chapter needs some comic relief xx

The silence of the night was heavy and dark as Harry grabbed a dull black lamp off Hagrid's table before we ran outside, slamming the heavy oak door behind us

At that moment, it felt like the night's frosty air consumed us and the only source of light was the ill-lit moon peeking through the clouds. We had no idea where to go except the clue of Hagrid's last words.

"Come on!" Harry exclaimed as we started to follow the trail of spiders protruding from Hagrid's window.

"WhAt?!" Ron's voice cracked making me laugh slightly.

"Follow the spiders! That's it, Harry!" I exclaimed giving him a fist bump in the darkness.

"They're hEading to dArk fOrest!" Ron protested, his voice cracking once more. Harry and I decided to ignore his cries of protest.

"Follow the spiders! What kind of last words is that?!" Ron remarked. I furrowed my brow in confusion, not like it mattered as no one could see a thing in the light.

"I agree, it is rather odd," I replied as we huddled together. Although we were wearing jackets and coats, the bitter cold was still ever prominent for me especially under a burgundy jumper I had thrown on at the last second. As I was pulling it over me, I felt something warm over my shoulders. I looked up and was able to make out the faint figure of Ron who smiled.

"Sorry, you looked cold," he said. I smiled back and slipped my arms into his coat.

"Won't you be cold?" I questioned. He shook his head.

"No, mum makes me a new one every year plus I have a jumper on." I smiled. He was such a great friend to me.

With the dim light that we had, we could see thousands of spiders scuttling out of the window in Hagrid's hut.

"Ang," Harry turned to me. I raised one eyebrow. "You don't think you could...help me with this do you?" he questioned gesturing down to the lamp. I sighed. With all the strength I had, I put my hand to the lantern and focused. After a few seconds, orange flames started to appear in the palm of my hand and lit the lamp.

"Yesss," we all said in unison as I shook my hand to get rid of the flames. "Now come on," Harry said gesturing to the spiders. We needed to follow them. I could see Ron tense up as Harry and I made out way down the path following their trail although Ron just stood still. I rolled my eyes before pacing back to him and grabbing him by his sleave dragging him along with us.