Chapter 23: Betrayal

We ran as fast as our legs could carry us back to the bathroom

We ran as fast as our legs could carry us back to the bathroom. By this time, we were already back to ourselves, the only downside is that Malfoy recognized me. Ron kicked open the green door and we ran in. I gently unclipped the necklace and put it back around my neck. I was deep in thought and I stared at the ground.

Ron and Harry turned to me and looked concerned. They knew that face all too well.

"Angel," Harry said. I looked up at him, tears brimming in my eyes. "What's wrong?" He questioned. Ron put a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and turned away.

I remembered what Malfoy had said. Seamus was working with Malfoy. He was working with him against us.

I turned around to face the boys.

"Do you remember what Malfoy said about Seamus?" I said to them. They sighed and looked at me sympathetically. They know I like him.

"I wonder when that Finnigan will be back with that information," Ron said in his exact words.

"What does Finnigan have anything to do with this?" Harry questioned, recapping.

"Wow Goyale, you really can't keep up can you," I said, a hint of spite in my voice, "we made Finnigan get information about the Black girl remember! Honestly, you are so dumb!" I said, my voice cracking slightly at the end as I let my tears flow freely down my cheeks. The boys hugged me. I never thought that I could get so worked up about a boy like this. I gave him my everything, only to get it given back. He broke the one thing I prided myself on the most. Trust.

"He's a traitor," I whispered, crying into the crook of Harry's neck as his arms went around my waist.

"I know," Harry whispered back as Ron stroked my hair comfortingly.

"I trusted him," I said. "I TRUSTED HIM!" I yelled making my voice echo around the room. I heard a small laugh from next to me. I looked at Ron.

"Don't worry, we'll beat him up for you," said jokingly. I smirked at him.

"What, you don't think I can do it myself?" I replied. They both laughed and we made our way over to Hermione's stall she was in.

"Hermione, come out, we've got loads to tell you!" Harry said. She didn't reply.

"Hermione?" I questioned knocking on the door again. I heard a little giggle from Moaning Myrtle as she flew through the door. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Something was wrong.

"Wait till you see," she said in her high pitched voice, but it seemed to have a darker tone to it, "It's awful," she growled. My heart started beating a little faster in my chest. What had gone so wrong that Hermione couldn't come with us?