Chapter 18: Broken promises

I ran away from Malfoy, tears spilling from my eyes falling onto the ground

I ran away from Malfoy, tears spilling from my eyes falling onto the ground. Wasted. I could feel the stones underneath my shoes as I kicked them and they hit my legs but I didn't care how much it hurt. None of it mattered right now. I just needed to have a hug, someone to tell me that everything is going to be ok.
I didn't realise how much I needed to see Seamus right now. It sounds so stupid but he was the only person who could make me feel safe like Malfoy could ever touch me again.

The gravel under my feet crunched as I knocked on the brown wooden door, my muffled sobs still loud as ever. There was a click as Hagrid opened the door. He looked down at me concerned.

"Angel, why are you cryin'?" The friendly half-giant questioned. I just stood there not knowing what to say. I couldn't help it, I just burst out crying on even louder sobs.

"You better come in," he said putting a giant hand on my back and leading me inside. Hagrid's hut was homely with devices and cages hanging from the ceiling while a fire was roaring making it very warm. I saw Ron clutching a bucket and Harry sitting down next to him. Hermione was standing up and she had wiped her tears away. I was proud of her for not letting Malfoy get to her. I hugged her tightly as I let my tears fall.

"Angel, what's wrong?" She said, wiping away my tears with her sleeve. She leads me to sit down next to Ron who had stopped throwing up slugs now but still had a bucket in front of him just in case.

"I...I," I stuttered. Nothing. Everyone looked concerned for me. I had to tell them, but how.

"Malfoy he..." I trailed off.

"What did he do?" Ron said angrily. He knew whatever he had done to make me this upset was bad.

"He...he...," I continued. Everyone looked at me expectantly.

"He kissed me!" I blurted out. All of them looked at me like I was having a laugh.

"Please tell me you are joking," Harry said his fists clenched to the point his knuckles were turning white. I shook my head, silent tears still flowing and I looked down at the floor.

"I was going to hex him but I stopped so he pulled me in and kissed me so I slapped him and ran off."

Ron looked like he was going to be sick again while Hermione stood there open-mouthed. Harry looked like he was about to punch someone while Hagrid looked very disapprovingly.

"He tried to do that to you again," Hermione said.

"He's done this before?!" Hagrid exclaimed looking at me.