Chapter 20: The Wilting Rose

Seamus' P

Seamus' P.O.V

I watched as Angel's hand fell from Callum's. As it fell, so did my heart. She lay there, lifeless in his arms, still so beautiful. I looked around at everyone else's expressions. They were horrified.

"ANGEL!" I shouted in hopes that she could somehow hear me although I knew she couldn't. I watched as people ran down the stairs but I jumped over the barrier down to the field, not bothering if I got hurt or landed on my knees. All of us in a group ran to the centre of the pitch where Callum was laying down Angel. Her eyes closed and mouth slightly agape. The teachers were already there and creating a sort of barrier around her. Ron and Hermione managed to slip past and Hermione clutched her collar, putting her ear up to her mouth.

"She is still breathing," she said to everyone. A knot in my stomach released itself as I sighed a felt someone start to sob.

I could see Collin out of the corner of my eye biting his lip, obviously trying to hold back tears. Although I felt terrified, I turned to him trying to look strong.

"Hey, it's ok little man," I said as I pulled him into my chest, my jumper getting wet with tears. I rubbed the back of his hair, comfortingly. He looked up at me, his eyes red and blotchy. He nodded slowly and let go of me, pulling up his sleeve and wiping his eyes with it.

"Wood," Professer McGonagall said to Oliver who was staring down at her body, even he was a bit teary-eyed, "take Miss Black to the hospital wing immediately!" She commanded in a shrill tone. The boy reluctantly picked up her body and started quickly walking across the pitch and up to the castle. My heart pounded in my chest louder than it had ever been before.

"S-She is going to be ok, isn't she?" A little voice said from beside me. I looked down and nodded. He smiled as his small hand wrapped around mine as we started to make our way back to the castle.

♤■Harry's P.O.V■♤

I followed shortly behind Oliver as he approached the door to the hospital wing. Before he could even knock, the door was flung open by Madame Pomfree who looked flustered.

"Madame Pomfree," Oliver started, but the sight of Angel needed no explanation. She looked down and her eyes widened in shock and her mouth hung open. Her hand went slowly up to Angel's face, brushing a strand of hair out of her closed eyes.

"The dear child," she said, had shaking hand covering her mouth. She gestured for him to come in which Oliver did so. Carefully, he placed her down on the bed.

"How an earth did this happen?" Madam Pomfree said as she rushed over to a large cabinet holding small viles of medicine. She examined then until she found one.