Chapter 15: Lockhart's dueling club

Angel's P

Angel's P.O.V

I trudged along the corridor, my footsteps echoing along the halls as I walked to my 2nd detention this week. The annoying thing is I had absolutely no ideas why I even got it. Snape just loved giving me detentions for some reason.

I rolled my eyes and I entered the potions classroom. I was missing dinner, this better be worth it and everyone knows that I get hangry very easily. As I entered the classroom, I saw the massive cabinets of old potions and ingredients; draws and displays of ingredients that were yet to be used and the unmistakable tall figure of Snape. Oh, how I longed to see him, not!

I sat down on a desk as far back as I could, dumped my satchel on the floor and leaned back on my stool. The room had an eerie glow to it as the murky waters from the back lake gave off a green glow that seeped through the windows.

"Miss Black, late once again," Snape's voice droned as he took a quill and scribbled something down on a piece of parchment. I folded my arms in front of my chest and huffed a little. He rose from the chair and walked over to a large glass cabinet and took a key from a rather large keychain in his pocket. He fumbled with them a little and unlocked it. There were bottles everywhere, big medium and small even really tiny ones, no bigger than my fingernail. I raised my eyebrows a little before he turned to look at me.

"You must put all of them in alphabetical order," he said to me. I stared at him. There had to be at least 500 bottles. He was joking, wasn't he?
He looked back at me sternly.

"Get going Miss Black, otherwise you will be here a long time." I sighed as I turned my attention to the cabinet. I examined all the bottles with scrubbed out labels, none of which I could read due to the faded ink and tiny writing. Who knew what mysteries this glass held.

<~~~Time skip~~~>

Snape rose from his desk to examine my handy work as I had finally managed to sort them all out and it was ONLY HALF MY DETENTION DONE! Not only had I ordered them bit I dusted the shelves completely by hand as Snape wouldn't allow me to use my wand. He ran his finger along the shelf and pursed his lips.

"It is...passable," he said. Smirked and folded my arms.

"But," he continued, " I have a very important errand to run, I believe Professor Lockhart it taking Mr Potter for a detention as well, go down and join him." I sighed. He can know what Gilderoy would make us do. I groaned, grabbed my bag and made my way down the corridor until I saw the distinct door to the DADA classroom. How could I not?! It practically had a massive picture of his face on it. I knocked lightly on the door and I heard a voice shout,

"Come in!" The door clicked and I opened it to see Gilderoy sitting at his desk with a dejected-looking Harry and when he saw me he smiled, obviously not having a good time being a slave to Lockhart for the past hour.