Chapter 8: Selfless Sacrifices ♕︎♔︎

At Harry's words, we all knew he was right

At Harry's words, we all knew he was right. If no one else was going to help, we had to do it ourselves. To take a stand and stop Snape.

"At midnight meet down here and Harry brings your cloak," Hermione said. We all nodded our heads and went up to our dorms. I lay in bed until I heard the distant clanging of the clock as it struck 12 times. It was go time. I jumped up and crept over to Hermione's bed and shook her awake.

"You ready?" I whispered.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she replied. As quiet as a mouse, we crept down the long stairs to the now dark common room.

"Hello?" We whispered came from the darkness.

"Lumos," It was Harry and Ron. They were still in their Pyjamas but Harry had thrown a red jumper over the top and Ron had a long-sleeved knitted brown jumper with an R on the front which I distinctly remember him getting at Christmas.

" Ready?" Ron said. We nodded our heads. Just then, we heard a small croaking from the floor. We looked down. It was Trevor! Neville's toad.

" Shhh, Trevor. Go! You shouldn't be here!" I commanded the Toad, even though I knew it had no idea what I was saying.

"Neither should you," a voice came from out of the impending darkness." We jumped out of surprise which caused my hair to turn purple until I realized it was just Neville who had just stepped out of the shadows. Phew! we are ok.

"Neither should you! You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again," said the timid boy, "I..I.. I'll fight you," he said cowardly raising his fist. Oh, Neville.

We looked at each other for a moment before I stepped forward and brandished my wand before saying,

"I am sorry about this Nevil but, Patrificus Totalus," I cried before the boy suddenly froze and fell backward like a board lying still on the floor. I felt bad but we had to go now! Otherwise, something really bad would happen.

"Sorry," we all said it turn as we walked past the boy lying on the floor.

"It's for your own good you know," I said and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek in apology, "bye". As we were walking out of the portrait hole, Ron turned to me and stared at me in disbelief,

"You're a bit scary at times. Brilliant! But scary," I laughed before putting my arm around him.

"Alright then Tinger Ginger," I said.

"What's that?" Hermione giggled.

"I don't know, I just made it up," we all laughed before we heard Harry say,