Chapter 25 - Start of Fight

Chapter 25 – Start of Fight

I am actually relieved to hear that voice.

I don’t know why, but it seems he’s going to be a key to my victory.

A unit that can’t be easily be matched by anything, unless he gets unlucky, and suffers from an injury, I’m pretty sure he’s going to kick some ass.

I look at my cellphone.

“Hey, I’m trying to catch your location, where are you? Over.”

“I’m not sure where I am! I was going on a rampage when I got here, and I’m stuck between these guys.” He said.

“You have to say ‘Over’ if you’re done saying anything, so I’d know when I’m supposed to speak. Over.”

He breathed heavily on the cellphone.

“Over.” He said, ending his previous sentence, and somehow, submitting to my will.

I try to see where he is.

Using the topographical map, I try to look at where he is. I move both of the cellphone so I’d be in-sync, and see the enemy information around him.

“Is there a radio tower on the building to your left? Over.”

“I can’t see it, what kind of question was that?! I’m pinned here, REMEMBER?”

“Oh yeah.”

And I looked at the cellphone screen.

And to my surprise, he’s actually deep within enemy lines.

And by deep, I mean, there are no other allies that are moving within a 200 meter radius around him, and as far as I can tell you, that is quite deep.

He’s trapped in an alley of some sort, with two groups of hostiles around him.

And somehow, they’re at a standoff. They can’t close in on him because it is a straight alley with almost nowhere to hide, and Arsenal has weapons that can flush them out instantly. But Arsenal can’t go any further because he tries to go out into the open; there are two snipers on each end of the alley.

All in all, there are two groups of enemies for Arsenal on both ends of the alley. Two snipers and two assault teams.

This is seriously quite easy.

“Arsenal, is there anyone with in that position?” I’m just trying to confirm if there is anyone there that isn’t registering on my Radar.

“No. I’m alone.”

“Okay. Here’s the deal. If you want to get out of there alive, you’d have to follow ALL of my instructions. Are we clear, over?”

“Okay. I don’t really know why you’re using that ‘over’ thingy, this is a cellphone that we’re using, you know. The reason why they do that is because when you want to talk, you can’t hear anything when you press the talk button, but I don’t think that’s to follow here.”

That is actually the longest phrase he’s said to me so far.

And the only defense I had during that time is…

“It sounds cool, so follow it.”

And I hear him grunt over the phone, despite the sound of bullets soaring through the air.

“They’re firing at different intervals. So they won’t be able to shoot each other.” He said.

“They have communication. But this doesn’t change my plan. You have a smoke grenade, right.” It took him a second to reply, but I heard the sparkling sound effect of him summoning something from his arsenal.

“Yep.”

“Do you have a gas mask?” I asked again.

“Yep. But I’m not wearing it yet.” He said, after the sparkle sound of his Ability.

 “Okay. Here’s the plan. It’s quite simple, really. First, throw the grenades over each side with a distance you think they wouldn’t immediately think of rushing into. Wear the gas mask, then summon a piece of cloth from your arsenal, and an M60 with a tripod would be nice. Have a really long belt of bullets for the gun. Then point it at corridor to your left, the longer corridor. And tie the cloth around the gun’s trigger and handle to have it automatically firing at that direction.”

I gasped air.

“Wait a moment. I’ll call you in a jiff.”

And he hanged up the phone.

Now, I can see where he’s going this time.

Because you know, my phone, the one that registers allied movements, isn’t right beside my ear anymore.

And I can see Arsenal’s position again.

I’m going to have him run to a spot where there aren’t any hostiles.

And my phone rang again.

“Hello! I’m currently attaching the bullet belt of this rifle. It’s quite a good thing I know what an M60 looks like, or else I wouldn’t know what the hell you’re talking about.” He’s almost screaming at me, but it wasn’t enough.

I’m quite sure he planted a shield on both sides of the corridor because all I can hear is metal clanging against metal.

“I’m about to tie the cloth around the trigger and the handle. After that, what am I going to do?”

“Well, they're going to start running behind you. Wear an earmuff and throw a flash grenade while running, look away from the grenade, or wear sunglasses. After the grenade has exploded, take everyone out while running. At the end of the alley, turn left, and keep moving forward. Our forces are in that direction. I’m located a building at your 10 o’clock, just in case you were wondering. I think this building is named Grand Catalina.”

He hanged his phone up without saying anything.

I am truly hoping that he could follow everything I’ve said. And if something doesn’t go his way or according to plan, he’ll be able to adapt and find a way to recover from the change, and take the best possible route to safety.

I look back at my teammates; I was so much into saving Arsenal’s ass that they’ve started loitering around.

I’m pretty sure they want a piece of the action too. But having me around won’t help that fact.

I’m actually going to do my best to keep myself from engaging any form of combat. It won’t help my case to get discovered in such a discrete place.

If we fight any sort of squad, I’m pretty sure we’ll be compromised, and we’ll have to find a new place to plan and command Vincent’s troops.

The radio connecting me and Vincent started to garble the normal static from getting a feed from the other walkie talkie.

“Hey, we need your help now. I’ve separated my troop into 12 different teams, consisting of 4 members each. I’ve sent them to different points on the field. Now, I will be your translator. I’ll give the command to the units, while you do what you do best. Also, try to keep in mind your position, wherever you are.” Vincent’s voice was very powerful, if I may say so myself.

There was a short pause.

“Hey. This is your plan. Your Operation Last Stand. I’m pretty sure you’re going to be thrilled. But try to do your best not to get any casualties, okay?”

I had a lump in my throat, I couldn’t speak.

I could only muffle a laugh.

“Don’t laugh. This is serious.”

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. Last stand, eh? Dream come true.”

“Not yet. We still have to win this war.”

The weight of those words came crashing unto my shoulders.

I gulped down the lump in my throat. I’m already quite nervous. But excited and thrilled. Anxious, even.

“Your orders, sir.”