Chapter 16 - Fenrir

Chapter 16 – Fenrir

I woke up.

I had no recollection of any dreams. That’s a start.

I got up and went to my fridge, pulled out bacon, grabbed the frying pan and put in on the burner, opened the stove, poured cooking oil on the pan. I waited for a few seconds until it’s hot enough that smoke was hinting to start and threw in the bacon.

“Ahhhh… The smell of bacon in the morning.”

I turned the heat down to cook it well and opened the fridge again to get a water container filled with juice and some eggs.

When I saw that the bacon is cooked well enough, I pulled out a saucer, scooped the bacon with a spatula and put in on the saucer, some of the grease juice is on the saucer as well, which makes it look more appetizing for me.

I cracked the eggs open and immediately put them in the cooking oil I used with the bacon. It made it quaintly taste like bacon this way.

After a little while, when the eggs are cooked well enough, I put them in the same saucer as the bacon and set it, along with the juice, on the coffee table in front of the TV. I grabbed a glass and a fork. I stood up again, opened the TV and the game console, and threw the controller at the sofa. I got a CD from the bag on my countertop and put it in the console.

I sat down on the floor in front of the coffee table.

It’s a third person game, a so-called hero that tries and saves the world from nukes, bipedal nuclear launching robot and other threats. But he uses guns and other unbelievably cunning skills that he has under his sleeves, without being detected, unless, I make a mistake or the storyline makes it actually happen, without any of my input. This is its 7th and latest installment of the series, I haven’t finished it yet, but I’m working on it.

Every time a cutscene comes in, I take a bite of bacon and a sip of juice.

Then, I looked at the time; it’s only 5am.

After I finish this meal, I’m going to take a bath and fix myself. Classes start at 7:30am, my travel time by foot is about 20 minutes.

I finish my plate and play a little more. A few more minutes and I reach a save point and record my data. I close the console and took a nice bath.

Got out of the shower and wore another set of uniform.

Everything’s inside my bag, I just removed the plastic of games inside it.

I wore the bag on my back and slightly opened the door. I took a peek at the corridor. No one’s in the vicinity, the coast is clear.

I opened the door enough to let me out and closed the door behind, hearing that clicking sound that means the door is firmly locked in place. From the fifth floor, I looked at the diagram of the area. I spotted two Skullxia members guarding the northeastern gate, three Skullxia members at the north gate and I have no visual on the west gate.

There were no guards at the east gate, because of the pact with the other gang. Placing guards there might incite a threat to the other gang, I guess, though deterrence would work out fine.

I quickly jog downwards. I reach the ground floor.

Why is this place infested with these guys?” I thought to myself.

I just can’t get the idea why am I suffering like this.

Two Skullxia members were strolling towards me, though busy in chat. I immediately hide behind a corner, quickly get my cellphone inside my bag to turn it off and let them pass.