Chapter 15 - Laze and Daze

Chapter 15 – Laze and Daze

I got out and picked up my bag at the counter in the clinic.

We walked through the corridors.

The sky was already dyed orange. Beams of light are visible to the naked eye, like a Rembrandt lighting effect.

Our footsteps resounded in the corridor, as it was very quiet during that time, with only a few people in the nooks and corners of the buildings.

The sky had an amazing formation of clouds, forming a ceiling, covering the sky and was scribbled with a depressing shade of the sunset.

Vincent and Aoi are with me again, in these corridors, looking like some protagonists in a novel of some sort.

If I were a character in a game, I wish my player could have chosen a better set of skills or something.

If this were a novel, I’d love a good twist in it.

I always conspired with those theories, in which our lives are actually written by writers from another world or dimension. With that being taken into consideration, every time I write any kind of story, I create a new dimension with its own world and lives. A dimension wherein you are the protagonist and everyone else is a side character. But with that in mind, it would be a linear kind of storyline, having only one story about the character, unless the writer proceeds to write another story with the same character and same timeline only with a different story, or the writer creates a story that includes multiple dimensions and those time paradoxes and manipulations.

I’ve always been interested in time travel. I don’t know why, but I really like it. Despite the dreading physics formulas that many students hate, I still like it somehow.

I even read once that time travel isn’t really going to the past of your own timeline, but rather going to the past of another timeline, due to the fact that the said timeline would be different in accordance to your actions and the knowledge you’ve gained from the first timeline. Or maybe, you were sent in a new timeline of some sort.

Okay, don’t worry about everything I said, this isn’t science fiction; I won’t confuse you with the time paradoxes.

Speaking of time, we were already by the gate. I guess pondering too much made me unaware of the time.

“Hey, I gotta go now.” said Aoi, and she smiled.

“Me too.” Said Vincent. “There’s a new movie that I’ve been dying to watch.”

“Okay, see you all tomorrow then.” I said.

We kept quiet about the team. Speaking of the team, I wonder where Arsenal is. I don’t even know his true name. Arsenal is just a nickname everyone gave him; the name was forcefully set upon him. He had no say in the matter.

Vincent ran off to the van and Aoi walked away in a different direction.

After a little while of standing in front of the gate and staring at them leave me behind, I started to think of things that I could possibly do this day.

I don’t want to go home yet. I had that encounter with Skullxia and I’d rather keep a low profile than risk going home and meeting up with them.

“I’m going to Tor’s then.” I thought.

I started walking towards Colony 3. Irkaz had 9 Colonies, my apartment is in Colony 7 and the academy happens to be at Colony 6. Tor is in Colony 3.

As I walked around the Academy through the orange tinted city, a few people who I assumed are going home pass by me. Cars don’t pass through the roads at the neighborhood of the school that much.