Chapter 14 - Woes

Chapter 14 – Woes

Arsenal was at the door, his brows were trying to kiss each other.

I stood up.

“Wait, why’s he here?!” I complained, my voice a little higher than normal, but not enough to be classified as shouting.

He instantly looked at me. I’m quite sure he recognized me instantly. I mean, we just fought, you know?

Dr. Craule got all of our attention by simply standing up; his presence was enough to blow us off our comfort zones.

His medium built arms are crossed. His hair was long and a little disheveled. He had a stern look on his face, quite scary if I may add.

Vincent and Aoi were also standing alongside with me.

There was a small awkward pause in the room.

The room was quite empty. Not much decorations.

The room is arranged in a way that when you open the door, the first thing you see is the director’s desk and a carpet in front of it. After you go in, you’ll see something like a sala set to your right. A large flat-screen TV facing the other way, a coffee table with another carpet under it and this sofa that we’re sitting on.

And at this view, you can easily detect who is entering the room, leaving the room and pretty much everything that’s happening in the room.

The only thing that’s blocking our sight is this huge TV. Other than that, we can see everything, as there’s nothing to look at behind us but the wall. The sofa’s back side is adjacent to the wall.

There are no windows. Only walls painted plain white, enough to give off a melancholic feel. At the same time, it also has this psychotic aura radiating from it; I’m sure that if I get trapped here, or maybe even just spend a whole day inside this place, I’d go crazy. It may be pretty large, but isn’t gonna cut it. There are just not enough items in here that could keep me going, the TV is not connected to any cable company, and it’s only connected to this DVD Player below the TV stand. No gaming consoles or game cartridges anywhere. So much for this room.

But enough with the details about the environment and back to the topic at hand.

Arsenal was standing at the door. Dr. Craule was leaning on his desk with his arms crossed, still having that stern look like before.

The director looked at us.

“I called him here; you have any problem with it?”

The way his voice resounded inside the room was indeed stunning. He did not shout, but his words were strong, strong enough to scare away the remaining anger and courage we had left in our bodies.

“All of you, line up in front of me.”

We all walked in front of the director, my face was still distorted in anger as I looked at Arsenal.

But we all lined up in front, nevertheless.

Using the director’s point of view, from right to left, Me, Vincent, Aoi then Arsenal. Even from my spot, I could notice the gap between Aoi and Arsenal.

“I gathered you all here to announce a mandatory statement upon the four of you.” said Dr. Craule.

“We’ll start on the premise that you don’t have any idea on what parties are, or if you do, they’re all wrong.”

“But—“ said Aoi, but was instantly cut in.

“No buts.”

“Okay, this academy, as we all know, is a place for learning. But this facility has two types of learning.”