Chapter 18 - Fatal Mistake

Chapter 18 – Fatal Mistake

Large pieces of debris flew away from the large explosion a few hundred meters away.

The soldiers were distracted by the impact of the explosion. It was already night, obviously, the sun has set. The light of the explosion seemed to cover half the colony and mesmerize our enemy.

At that exact moment, I ran immediately towards the guards in front of us.

Perform a roll to your left and pick up the rock. Throw it against the enemy at the back line. Run to him immediately. Jump and high knee the nearest opponent then put your weight into the knee and crush him under. Grab his gun and shoot the remaining guards.

I haven’t had a clear grasp of what’s actually happening or who’s speaking. But it seems that the voice comes with the first level being released. Also, I gain dramatic detail on my surroundings and I can recognize weapons even from a distance, even with the lack of a clear 360 degree view regarding the weapon.

The guards in front of us had a two row front rear battle formation. Three people in front and two at the back.

Without a doubt, the voice inside my head should be followed. It sure knew what it was saying and defying even one of its instructions may cause me serious injuries or maybe even death, now that I’m in this kind of situation.

This is definitely not a proper engagement. These people are out to get us. I have no time to get my phone and see if we could engage them.

The shock and awe from the explosion is starting to disappear. I have to do what the voice tells me.

In two seconds.

One of the guards in the front was starting to get a hold of himself and look back at us.

Two

One

The guard in front of me aimed his gun at me. I immediately jumped and made a dive roll to my left. As I was standing up, there was a rock in front of me, I instantly grabbed it, spun around to give it momentum and threw it to the guard at the rear line.

Another explosion occured in the same direction. But the guards we were engaging is aware that we're kicking their asses. I'm not so sure why the people at the building weren't shooting us yet but hey I don't wanna argue with a good thing.

The soldier saw that I threw something and immediately evaded randomly. The guard behind him was hit by the rock. It looks like I had a good shot. But there wasn’t any time to think. I have to follow through with the orders from the voice.

I ran to the guard and performed a high knee to his chest. The inertia remaining in me pushed us into the ground. The “put weight and crush him” thing was pulled off effortlessly.

I had to perform the last order. Grab the gun and shoot the others.

I angled myself to hold the G36C properly. I couldn’t get the gun off him because he was wearing the strap. I had to partially lie down just to be able to put the butt near my chest. I looked through the sight and picked them off, one by one.

The three other soldiers was badly wounded and dropped to the ground.

But now what?

We were exposed to the soldiers with the snipers. We had no chance. The voice inside my head wasn’t speaking at all. I had no idea how to make him speak. And in a dire situation like this, a switch for the voices is really a compulsory device. It has to speak, we’ll all die.

We have no chance. There were paths leading to the left or right. It was a chance we had to take. But there was a pretty good chance that we will leave that place severely wounded and/or we could all die instantly or because of blood loss. That is not something anyone would want.