Chapter 26 - Diversion

Chapter 26 

I have already given orders to the units controlled by Vincent.

After a few more last minute preparations, my phone rang again.

"Hey fucker!" whispered Arsenal.

The background is much more quiet now but you can hear him breathing heavily, probably from all the running that he did.

"I'm in the building opposite Grand Catalina building now. But there were a few soldiers that went inside yours."

This is not good.

"I'm wearing special thermal goggles and they're going up the building using the emergency stairs. Some od the other units are stationed at the bottom of the stairs."

My team pretty much heard the whole conversation. Carissa crouched and then silently walked to the stairs and looked below, the door was already destroyed so there wasn't any opening sounds that might've come from us. She raised a thumbs up to confirm that they're there.

The two other guys looked at me.

"Hey, Arsenal. How many were there?"

"At least, 30 or more? I'm not sure."

"You said there were a few soldiers."

"Ugh. If they were a lot less than that, I would've handled them myself." he sighes. "They were carrying pretty big sticks. I'd be careful, if I were you."

This is okay. But there aren't a lot of escape plans that could be done right now. We haven't found a way to get out. But I have an idea.

"Carissa, go with them and try to hide in one of the lower floors. After the enemy's clear out team passes through your floor, just go down and try your best to make it to the exit. You'll probably be engaging enemy units on your way out. For now, I'll make a distraction. Do not engage at all costs. Immediately hide somewhere on your floor when the enemy team is near or when I start firing my shots." then I raised the cellphone towards my ear 'cause I absentmindedly lowered it while I was talking.

"Arsenal, try and track the second team's movement. I'm on the 30th floor."

Then I noticed that my team is still looking at me.

"What are you waiting for?"

They look like they're gonna start giving me their final farewells.

"But-"

"I'm not gonna die. We still have a war to win. Heh. I haven't even properly bonded with you people. Don't act like you guys actually care. Hahaha!" I joked, while holding a smirk on my face.

They're probably genuinely worried about me, but orders are orders so they reluctantly started to sneak towards the stairs to another lower floor.

"Arsenal. Do the same thing that I told you to do last time at the alley. Summon multiple copies of the same machine gun and point them at the enemy then shoot them randomly, try to make it look like there's a lot more of you. Make sure that you're not firing at our men. Try to actually disable people while you're at it. Start firing at the enemy team on the ground once they've passed by my team's floor. I'll start firing to distract them now."

I drew out both of the M9 that I had with me, went near the stairs and started firing randomly towards the first floor to get the attention of the enemy. This isn't well thought out, but hell, I had to do something, and I'll make sure this idea will work.

I snuck to the stairwell, and looked down below, evading the ray of lights from their guns when they look up.

 Well, if I wanted to make this a little faster and give my team a smaller chance of getting caught, I had to act now.

I sat beside the stairwell, and also pulled out the Five-Seven that I had on my leg holster.

I looked down below again.

"Hey, Arsenal, you know, your name's really long and hard to say, and I've been pondering about giving you a better nickname, would you hear me out?"

I hear a grunt on the other end of the line.

"Lemme guess. You want to call me Arse, don't you, you little fucker?"

Good thing I had the ability to laugh like a mute, or else I would've been prematurely compromised.

"You got me good. Heh. So how many floors are between my team and the enemy's."

"A floor. You better make your move. The clear out team's really taking their time in scouting the whole floor."

"Okay then."

I stood up a little and looked over the balustrade. While keeping the factor of surprise intact, I carefully aimed at the nearest targets. But instead, I switched over to the Five-seven, mainly because it was lighter and it'd be more stable than the M9.

Then I pulled my trigger.

I have fired the first shot and that person dropped dead. It was my first time. But I didn't really have the time to drop my pistol, look at my hands and say "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!". I'm kinda busy trying to save people right now.

But I didn't stop and immediately aimed for the next person.

I managed to drop 2 more before I had to change clips.

Don't judge me.

Firing a gun is harder than games made it look like. There's no crosshair, and I think the iron sight is a little off the mark that I have to aim a little to the left of the target so I'd hit them.

But then, they started to return fire while moving.

"HEY ARSE!"

"Fuck you."

I laughed, somehow.

"Are they all moving towards me?"

"Yeah. Your team managed to slip away while you were making a commotion."

"Good." I said while still shooting them. 

"So, uh, Arsenal, how much do you know about helicopters?"

"Huh?!"