Chapter 7 - Dream

Chapter 7 – Dream

I felt my body thrust into the air while my eyes are closed. Without resistance, my body just lunges into infinite space, having no actual signs of stopping whatsoever. My golden wavy hair flaps as wind passes through it. My eyes are still closed, I can't voluntarily open them. Or there's something inside my head telling me not to, as if something bad is going to happen if I do.

The air gliding through the curves of my body ceased. Only after the air ride did I notice that I was actually wearing something because something clothe-like dropped unto my skin. Then, my feet touched the ground and I hear water underneath me. I open my eyes without hesitation and look below me.

What I see is the reflection of myself and a few ripples of water radiating from my feet. The sky was a faint blue, like a morning with no clouds and the sun's only starting to peek. But there wasn't any sun, I can't see any light source.

From where I'm standing, whatever direction I face, all I can see is the horizon. There's wasn't anything in sight, no trees, no birds, no sun, not a thing. It was just me, the sky, and this land covered by shallow waters, not higher than my ankle.

I took a step, just to see if I could freely move my body and change my position. The instant the tip of my foot touched the surface of the water, after taking it up and moving it, the water turned red. From my foot, it spread like wildfire. Then it went to a certain point in front of me. The red fluid gathered around that point and started to rise up in the water, slowing but surely forming a humanoid figure.

The red in the fluid separated from the water and formed the veins. A distraught thought came into my mind, and I closed my eyes. I knew myself that whatever's happening in front of me was going to be grotesque.

A white flash

I opened my eyes. And in front of me, was myself. But there is this feeling inside me, telling me that the person in front of me wasn't me. But the major differences were, his hair was black, his eyes were red and he had a huge grin on his face.

Then he walked towards me, still managing to carry that grin with him. And he stopped a few feet in front of me.

"Who are you?" I spoke.

I had to bring a lot of strength and courage to raise that question. But that question seemed most fitting for this moment.

"I am the Destroyer of Worlds." He spoke.

He still remained vague to me, though I asked him that question.

"Why do you look like me?" I just had to know it.

"You want to know why?" he countered my question with another.

I nodded

"Okay." Then he signaled using his hand to come near him.

Then I went as he told me to. But still maintaining distance between us. Then I held out my hand and he held out his.

Is this guy actually for real? I thought, skeptic about everything.

Then as my hand stretched out, something hard stopped it.

I was confused, mesmerized. I was touching a reflection. It was a mirror.

It cracked from where my hands touched it. The glass shattered and fell into the shallow water. As it broke into pieces, it left behind a dark void, a black substance that I can't describe. It was a combination of dark violet and black. It looked slimy but there wasn't anything to touch. The slimy things were way far from me.

I wasn't standing on anything now. The faint blue sky started to shatter into pieces and disappeared into the air.

A sharp pain pierced through my heart. But it wasn't physical, it was more like, an emotion that bursted out and stab my chest with multiple spears and needles.

My vision blurred and everything faded into black.

I was, again, thrust into the darkness that covered me awhile ago but the feelings were still there, spiraling around my heart and causing me much pain, though abstract.

Then the air stopped. The nothingness was still.

Out of nowhere, my mind started to wake. I was hearing morning signals like birds chirping and roosters crowing in the wee hours. I opened my eyes.

It was already morning. Sunlight is streaming through my window and down onto the floor. The wall in front of the porch limited the amount of sunlight seeping through.

I was half-awake. I'm aware of my surroundings but my body doesn't want to move. I looked at my clock. It was only a few minutes after six. I still have plenty of time. I can laze around until 8, classes doesn't start 'till 9.

Yesterday, I had a meeting with Dr. Craule. And, as I would interpret it, there was a mistake or a bug of some sort in my data somewhere, the reason for the incorrect assessments of things.

Either way, I had to catch up. There's something that had to be done. But I don't know what to do exactly.

I guess I have to set this one aside for the time being. I have to find clues and a lead before I could actually do anything with it.

I stood up. My vision blurred for a moment, I stood up too quickly, I guess.

I went to the mini-kitchen. I heat the frying pan over the stove and pour oil on it. I got a plastic bag and took out some bacon, cooked it to a nice bacon color and smell, and then I put it on a small plate and set it aside. I opened my fridge and took out the egg carton inside. I broke two eggs with the pan and got it over the hot oil. Some salt, spatula so it wouldn't stick. And it was a perfect combo for a breakfast.

I munch on whatever's on my plate. In less than a minute, I finished everything on my plate. My brain is satisfied and my stomach is satisfied too. It was a great way to start the day.

I take a bath, brush my teeth, get changed, drink water and put all the necessary things that I need into my bag; notebooks, books, pens and others.

Then I grab the doorknob. I take a deep breath.

This is another day of fierce battles and mayhem

I open the doorknob.

"Hey Enprix!" she said

I was amazed to find her in front of my doorstep in this hour.