sero hanta - mistletoe

snowman by sia.
merry (extrenely late) crisis and a happy (advanced) new year!
this was supposed to be a christmas special, i'm sorry :(
thank you for 1k+ reads!

CW: N.A.

=========================
a loud snore startled me.

my eyes shot open. i blinked a few times, squinting as i tried to find the source of the sound. i looked down.

his mouth was wide open, arms splayed wide. he was the one snoring. i frowned, sitting myself up. i smacked his chest. he didn't move, but it did shut him up.

i looked towards the curtains, where tiny bits of light shone through it. i then reached for my phone on the nightstand, turning it on. 8am.

i yawned, stretching as i did so. it's really cold.

i stood up, preparing to start the day.

fast forward a few hours, while i was preparing breakfast, someone appeared behind me. they leaned over, wrapping their arms around me. i laughed.

"merry christmas," i whispered.

he buried his face in the crook of my back, and i swear i could feel him smiling.

"let's eat before we decorate."

and before long, we were getting ready to take the decorations out from the storage room.

we joked around as we set up the christmas tree. i wrapped the garlands around him when he wasn't looking. he, of course, chased after me for doing so. when i was caught, he wrapped me up in gift wrapping, taping me up so that i couldn't escape. it was a funny sight, really.

because we were joking around so much, it took us around 2 hours to fully set-up and decorate the tree. we haven't decorated the interior and exterior of the house yet.

before we headed out, i went back into our room to get out our winter clothes. as i held a bunch of sweaters and gloves in my arms, i looked out of the window. white specks fell from the sky, settling onto the ground as they slowly piled higher and higher. snow.

excited, i rushed back into the living room, nearly tripping. thank god sero caught me in time. i didn't say a word, only handing him his clothing while i hastily wore mine. he looked out of the window and immediately understood. he did the same, before pulling me out the door.

we were giggling like little children when we stepped out. the snow had already piled up quite a bit; around our ankles. though not safe enough to make snow angels in, i guess i could make snowballs. i gathered up some snow, pressing it into the shape of a ball, before i threw it at his back. feeling something hit him, he turned around.

"snowball fight!"

and by the end of it, we were both sitting on the pavement, laughing. our clothes were slightly damp, but that's okay. he pulled me into his arms, huddling me closer into his embrace. i leaned back.

we sat there for a while, breathing in the cold air. we both stayed silent as we enjoyed each other's company.

when it became became too cold for me to handle, i decided to head back into the house. to make our favourite winter beverages, of course.

i held onto the two cups of [favourite hot drink], waddling back out carefully. i handed him a cup, sitting down beside him.

i looked up, admiring the snowflakes, before i felt him nudging me. he had sat down his cup as he faced me. he grinned at me mischievously.

"we're under a mistletoe. you know what that mean," he told me.

mistletoe? outside?

i raised an eyebrow.

"that's not," i looked up, "possible..."

incredulously, there indeed was a mistletoe hanging above us. i didn't even notice when or how it got there. i glanced at his elbows, noticing the tape that held the mistletoe up.

"you cheeky little-"

before i could complete my sentence, he grabbed my chin gently, pulling me into a kiss.

ah, what an amazing christmas it was.

- fin-