midoriya izuku - don't let go!

sorry i'm kind of sick so this took some time to write :<
fantasy au.

CW: N.A.

=========================
He tripped over another log again.

I rushed over to help him up, not before letting a laugh loose.

"You know," I pulled him by the arm, "You didn't have to follow me. I told you that i'd be fine by myself."

"But y/n, your parents instructed me to so-"

I groaned, "Oh enough about my parents. Hurry up, let's go!"

Once he stood up and dusted himself off, I started running again.

Being royalty is no fun. There always had to be at least one guard following me around. But, since it's midoriya, I could let it slide a little. He's so cute and fun to be with, it doesn't feel like he's a personal guard.

Don't tell anyone I said that, though.

The green-haired boy continued chasing me. While I effortlessly jumped over every obstacle in the way, he seemed to trip over every one of them, even tripping over his own foot, which earned yet another laugh from me.

Finally, after the tiring game of chase, we finally reached our destination.

There I stood, in front of the large and luscious lilac bush. Midoriya with his hands on his knees as he panted, trying to catch his breath, watched me curiously. I leaned a little closer to the bush, whispering a few words, and soon they parted. Behind the bushes stood a crystal clear lake, shining under the early morning sun.

I glanced back, signalling the male to follow me in, before the bushes decide not to let him.

I walked towards the edge, kneeling down as I started to take off my shoes. Before he realised what was happening, I was starting to take of my clothes.

"H-hey, what're you- Oh geez." He quickly turned around, face flushed red. He retreated sideways towards a tree, while I laughed at how funny he looked.

I took a step into the water, shivering at how cool it felt against my skin.

The supposed 'fountain of youth'. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't make you younger, but it does give you clear skin after you swim through it. I really like relaxing in it, letting all my troubles float away like how I floated on the water.

I could hear muttering coming from the green boy's direction. I figured he was just taking notes about this place; I know for a fact that he's really interested in magical places like this.

As I relaxed myself, floating on my back, I noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye. Weird.

Whatever it was, it definitely wasn't midoriya, nor was it some friendly animal.

I sat up, observing it as it made its way closer to me. That's when it stuck out it's head.

It's huge and black head, with weirdly-shaped eyes that looked at me curiously. Now, mind you, I wasn't easily scared by such scary-looking creatures, so I made the bad decision of approaching it.

It stuck out its grotesquely large claws, reaching towards me. I couldn't retreat in time, resulting in me being lifted out of the water.

When it started lifting me closer to it's opened mouth, I panicked.

"Midoriya!"

His muttering stopped. I could hear rustling as he jumped up, the loud crunching of the leaves as he ran over.

My eyes were closed as I flailed my arms and legs, attempting to free myself, so I didn't know what he was doing. But before I knew it, his arm was around my waist, dragging me backwards.

When we landed on the grass, I found myself on top of him, clinging tightly onto his clothes.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Be asked. He lets go of me, proceeding to push me off so that he could look for any injuries.

"Stop!" I shouted, wrapping my arms around him tighter.

Ah, so he forgot.

Looking at him, embarrassed, I whispered, "I'm... naked."

"Huh, you're what-" He glanced down, only to quickly look back up, his face now as red as a tomato.

"I'm so, so sorry!"

He covered his eyes with his hands, turning his head away from me.

"Midoriya, your nose is bleeding."

- fin -