kaminari denki - soaked

i went to a water park recently and i thought of him.

CW: N.A.

=========================
will he like it? i thought to myself.

i was feeling so nervous. i kept double-checking my bag, making sure that it's still there. it has to be. i wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone, would i?

class hasn't started yet, but i came in a little early today. i dread every minute i had to wait for them to walk through the door. god, why do i kept stressing myself out?

around 5 minutes later, mina walks in, the rest of her group trailing in behind her.

i almost chickened out, but i went through with my plan. after giving mina the tickets and persuading her to give it out to the rest, i walked towards him. i decided to give it to him by myself.

"kaminari, here," i pushed the ticket that i was holding towards him.

he looked at it, then back at me. he looked at it again, realisation hitting him.

"no way! to the water park? it'll be like, my first time! of course i'll go!"

and what do you know? my 'plan' actually worked.

fast forward to the day we met up, i was waiting at a table i had reserved for all of us. i tapped on my phone screen aimlessly. i wore what i'd usually wear when i went swimming, so it wasn't anything special.

when they came out from the changing rooms, i could see how anxious kaminari was. he was fiddling with his clothes, eyeing the pool nervously.

i guessed that he was afraid of accidentally hurting others because of his quirk.

i got up so that i could go and reassure him. i mean, my quirk is able to cancel his so long as i'm near him. i assured him that nothing would go wrong.

"don't worry about anything, just go have fun!"

everyone else was starting to go their separate ways. so, i tugged his shirt, pulling him towards the lazy river. i didn't give him time to protest. i tugged him into the water, as i held onto a floatie for us.

he clung onto the float almost immediately. he seemed very tense, but as i squeezed his hand, he relaxed a little. was it out of excitement or nervousness that he released tiny bolts of electricity, i'm not sure. but the smile on his face when he realised that it affected nobody was adorable.

after making a complete round in the lazy river, he gripped my hand, pulling me out of the water. kaminari led me to one of the popular water slides, a funnel-type water slide. i was slightly afraid of the steep descent, but i gave in since i didn't want to hold him back. he deserves to have fun today.

we hopped into the inflatable raft, sitting opposite each other. i gripped onto the handrails, my leg twisting over his as our raft tipped over the edge. funnily, kaminari screamed louder than me as we made our way down.

legs slightly wobbly, we hopped out of the raft, hand-in-hand. the blonde begun pulling me somewhere again, this time towards the multi-lane racer slide. we raced up the stairs, grabbing a mat on the way up. i realised that it'd be difficult to hold onto him on this ride, so i decided to intertwine my pinkie with his.

in the end, kaminari reached the bottom first. both of us were wet from head to toe, no less due to diving headfirst into the pool.

a few more slides and another round in the lazy river later, we were dead tired. i didn't realise we were still holding each other's hands, even though we were out of the water. that is, until mina pointed it out.

"y'all look real cute with your hands together like that," she giggled.

at the same time, we looked down, then back at each other. a light blush dusted my cheeks as i let go of his hand. he grabbed it again, grinning stupidly.

this idiot is real sneaky and cute.

looking at me, then back at the rest of the group, he said, "we should do this again."

another day of spending time with him? honestly, count me in.

- fin -