shōto todoroki - listen

愛して愛して愛して by kikuo.
request by @alyssajj11
au where reader's quirk is the same as scarlet witch.

CW: a little bit of fighting

=========================
"y/n, listen to me."

"Listen to you, listen to them. You're always asking me to listen, listen, listen!" I screamed.

They glared at me sternly.

"Remember your training."

And they walked away, leaving me alone once again in this state. What an amazing parent figure they are.

It's so frustrating. They don't even care about how I feel. They're only here because i'm suppose to win and 'bring them honour', or i'll have to go into that room again.

I stood there, leaning against the wall as I waited for my name to be called.

"This is the final round that'll decide the winner of today's tournament! Let's welcome Shōto Todoroki and y/n from class A!"

I bit the inside of my cheek, slowly making my way out into the arena.

When I stepped out, i immediately placed my focus on the half-and-half male. I tried to blocked out whatever others were saying, though I could still hear them as clear as day.

They were calling me so many names. it hurts, but I guess i'm used to it.

Once we both stepped onto the stage, the round started.

I walked towards him, as calm as I could be. He does the same.

My hands were placed behind my back so that he couldn't see when I started using my quirk. As we got closer to each other, I got ready, balls of glowing red forming in my palms.

"They're going to attack you!"

"Stay away, they're going to rip you apart!"

I frowned, looking towards the spectator's stand. I hate how they assume such stupid things about me. They think that i'm so dangerous that i'd kill others. What a baseless assumption.

Noticing that my attention wasn't on him, he sent a blast of flames in my direction.

Just before the fire could touch me, I looked back at him. With a flick of my wrist, I sent the flames flying back at him. He dodges quickly, the fire barely touching his uniform.

"Try again," I told him, continuing in his direction.

Such a simple action caused a stir amongst his fans. They were becoming really annoying. Their taunts and insults were becoming louder, too. Blocking them out was become more difficult.

There's no telling when i'm unable to control my feelings any longer and snap.

And we all know how my emotions can affect me.

Todoroki raises his arm again, this time sending ice in my direction. I deflected it again, which resulted in a wall of ice to form, surrounding us.

I guess he could tell how agitated I was becoming, judging by how red my eyes were starting to become. I was starting to float too, as I unconsciously lifted myself off the floor.

The fact that those watching were calling me cruel names wasn't really helping the situation either.

Hoping to calm me down, he shouts, "y/n, I know it seems impossible right now, but please believe me!"

"Don't you get it? They're too loud!" I replied, clutching my head.

"They're right, don't you think? Everything powerful is dangerous."

"You know that's not true!"

I cut him off.

"For a long time, i've always looked up to you. You were something I couldn't become. You're so powerful, yet people praise that aspect of you instead of being scared."

"Now look at where we are, two powerful people going against each other, both on different sides of the same line."

He walked closer.

"y/n, i'm not here to fight you! I want to help-"

"I don't need your help!"

Staring him in the eye, I said, "I want to crush you."

I lifted up my arm, my hand faced towards him. A faint glow of red wrapped around his neck.

He raised his hands to his throat, gasping for air unsuccessfully.

"y/n," He choked out, "That's enough!"

"Listen to me, i'm on your side!"

I loosened my grip a little.

"Are you sure you're not lying, half-and-half?" I retorted.

"I know how you feel, so just trust me already!"

I let go of his throat, not before flinging him onto the ground aggressively.

Hand around his throat, he slams his right hand onto the ground, trapping me in a block of ice.

I struggled to break free, wriggling my fingers to no avail.

Seeing that I was immobile, he looks me in the eye.

"This'll hold you long enough. listen to me, y/n. I understand how you feel, I really do. These people call you dangerous because you're so powerful. They know that they'll never be on your level."

He walked closer, placing a finger on my forehead.

"Never listen to them. You're not and never will be dangerous to me, or to your classmates in class A."

My eyes widened, yet I said nothing.

I've always thought that everyone was scared of me. I've never thought that i'd have others who wouldn't look at me as something dangerous.

Slowly, I started relaxing, the red glow slowly leaving me. Seeing that I had stopped struggling, he melts the ice, freeing me from the cold prison.

He stood there, not making any other move.

I raised my arms once again, wrapping my hex around him as I pushed him out of the arena.

The both of us were still staring at each other when I was announced the winner.

The only thing I could do was mouth him a silent 'thank you' before I left the arena.

- fin -