jirō kyōka - secret

inspired by still into you by paramore.
references to lyrics in bold.
band member jirō au.

CW: N.A.

=========================

There was a lot of people in the stadium today. I didn't know that her band was this popular.

Standing in line, I tapped my foot impatiently.

"How long more do we have to wait?" I whined. Mina, who was standing beside me, just laughed.

"I think it's going to be our turn soon, so don't worry about it y/n." Kaminari, who was standing behind us, said. I sighed. I mean, at least we got front row tickets, I thought.

It was one of our class outings today. You know, like those high school reunion things? Ever since graduating, the whole class made it a thing to meet up every so often. However, Jirō wasn't able to join us as she was holding a concert today. So, we all just decided to attend her concert instead.

I think it's really cool that we're related to such a popular band member.

A few minutes later, it was our turn to enter. After a quick but thorough bag check on all of us, we all then squeezed through the crowd of people towards the front row. Man, this place is really packed.

Just as we all took our places, the stage was suddenly lit up by bright, multi-coloured lights. It looked surreal. I was mesmerised by how beautiful it looked.

Loud screams from all around could be heard, and I noticed people coming out from the side wings of the stage. Though I couldn't really see clearly, I recognised Jirō's silhouette.

The others definitely saw her too, as they all started screaming her name excitedly. Their screaming and cheering definitely got her attention, as I saw her waving in our direction.

A spotlight was shone on all the members. Jirō stood at the front, and was quite close to our row. She held onto her signature electric guitar as she spoke into the propped up mic in front of her.

I was kind of spacing out at that moment as I was too caught up with admiring everything and anything. However, I did catch Jirō saying something along the lines of, "...First song... for a special someone who is here today."

I wonder who she's referring to...

When the music started playing, and when she started singing, I recognised the song instantly. I remember her playing this piece when we were together in her dorm room. It was one of my favourite pieces that she composed. But I don't remember there ever being lyrics or any singing involved.

I looked around me, curious if anybody took notice of the familiar tune. No one seemed to have the same reaction as I did. Those around seemed to be entranced by the band on stage, cheering and dancing along to the music.

Turning my attention back to Jirō, I found that the purple-haired girl was looking at me. I smiled.

She grinned, a slight blush spreading over a face. she strummed her guitar, looking at me in the eye, as she sang,

" 'Cause after all this time, i'm still into you."

My face started warming up.

"I should be over all the butterflies, but i'm into you."

This is directed at me, right?

I've never really told anyone, nor have I told jirō that I had feelings for her. And the feelings never went away too.

But I guess we both knew from the start that we liked each other.

"And baby even on our worst nights, i'm into you."

The chanting and singing from the audience gradually increased in volume, so I took my chances.

I cupped my hands around my mouth as I made eye contact with the lead singer.

"Jirō! I like you too!"

I wasn't sure if she could even hear what i said. However, as I watched her smile widen and her blush deepen, I knew that she heard me.

- fin -