chapter 2

"What do you mean it says he's alive?" Jay asked confused.
"Hey, I'm just telling you what it says." Lloyd said wavibg the paper in his hand.
"Why would these thugs lead us here?" Kai asked.
"You know, this has to be some cruel joke. And I'm not laughing." Cole said.

"Guys." Morro said.
"Think these are for us?" Morro asked pointing to five fortune cookies on a plate.
"Fortune cookies?" Jay said suspiciously taking one.
"Very peculiar."
"And there's conveniently five of them." Morro added.
"Should we?" Lloyd asked.

Cole grabbed on and threw the whole thing in his mouth. As the ate it up, the others watched confused.

"Uh, you do realize there's a fortune inside, right?" Kai said cracking open his.
"Oh, so that's why they're called that." Cole said.
"Listen to this." Lloyd said holding the little paper.

"Master Chen has personally invited you to participate in his Tournament of Elements." Lloyd read. Morro grabbed Lloyd's arm to see the paper.
"Hey!" Lloyd exclaimed.

"Wait a minute. Are you saying that Mr. Chen, the same guy filling my belly with delicious goodness, is actually Master Chen?" Cole asked. Morro let go of Lloyd's arm and went to read his paper.

"The tournament consists of battle between elemental masters to find the victor." Morro read.
"Secrecy is of the utmost importance. Tell no one, or suffer the consequences." Kai said reading his paper.
"you ever want to see your friend again, meet on the pier at midnight and leave your weapons behind." Jay finished.

The ninja paused and looked at each other. Then, Jay's paper poifed out of his hand. Then Kai's paper, then Morro's, then Lloyd's. The ninja all turned to Cole.

Cole suddenly jumped up and let out a yell.
"Uuh. At least I know I'm invited." Cole said. Morro took the poster from Lloyd as the others laughed. He stared at it and reach each word over and over.

"You don't think...?" Lloyd started.
"It could be a trap. A lie to lure us in." Kai suggested.
"Yeah, but what if it's not? What if Zane's alive?" Jay asked.
"The Tournament of Elements. I'm starting to think this Master Chen makes more than noodles." Lloyd said.

"Morro?" The ninja turned.
"What?" He pulled his eyes away from the paper.
"Oh, um... I don't know." Morro said.

"You can forget bringing in a new Ninja, Lloyd. Let's go see about an old one." Kai said.

. . .

Lloyd and Morro returned to Garmadon's monastery, where they had been living. Lloyd's father had been welcoming and let anyone stay.

Garmadon walked into the main room to find Nya and Wu gathered around a table with blueprints.

"Hm, are you planning on fixing the Bounty?" He asked.
"Yeah, but we could use some help." Nya said.

Lloyd was in his room packing a bag for the tournament. He reached to the side to grab his sword but paused.

"Leave your weapons behind."

Lloyd reminded himself. He sighed as his father opened to door.
"I was just on my way to help Nya and Wu restore the Bounty. Would you like to join? Guess you could say it's all hands on deck." Garmadon said.
"Uh, sorry. The guys and I are going fishing. Team building exercise." Lloyd lied.

"Hm, good to hear the team's back together." Garmadon said.
"Yeah." Lloyd slipped past his father.

Morro was in his room placing nesesary items in a bag. He turned to his staff and took it in his hands. He thought about the weapons rule and smiled. Morro retracted his staff into the little cylinder and places it in his bag.