chapter 4

Everyone herd footsteps coming down the hall. Assuming that person had the last jadeblade.

"Hahaha! Karlof wins!"

The fighters clapped and cheered as the ninja exchanged saddened looks
Kai snuch up behind Karlof and used a screwdriver to loosen Karlof 's metal gauntlet.
"Ah. Looks like you got a screw loose."
Not loosing a second, Kai snatched up the jadeblade and made his way to the alter. He placed the final jadeblade on the podium as everyone cheered, with the disapproval from Garmadon. Kai looked at Skylor who smiled back at him

"We have a loser!" Chen announced. The crowed turned to Karlof.
"That's not fair. He cheated." Karlof said putting his gauntlet back on.
"I did what I had to do." Kai said.
"That is not how you win." Garmadon cut in.

"Fine, I lose. Karlof never wanted to be on stinking island." Karlof said.
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay." Chen said as his chain came down behind him.
"I guess this worked out for the best. This is goodbye!" Chen pushed a bottom on his chair and a trap door opened underneath karlof.

Everyone watched, bewildered at the sight.
"As you can see, lose and you are out. Break any rule, you are out. Never bite the hand that feeds you Master Chen delicious noodle!" Chen said as one of his men took Karlof's frame on the bracket and crushed it.
"Now rest up. Tomorrow the tournament will recommence." Chen said.

. . .

Everyone had the oputunity to eat in a banquet hall as the ninja grouped together in a booth.
"At least the chow's good." Cole said.

All the ninja we're given new matching gis to set in the tournament.
"Arrgh, it's killing me. What's under the trapdoor? What happens when you lose?" Jay asked no one in particular.
"Don't think about that." Garmadon said.
"It's all I can think about. I moved on. I feel guilt. These are not good feelings." Jay said.
"You think you feel bad? Imaging how I feel." Kai cut in.
"Okay, we just need to find Zane, when we can leave this place all together." Morro said.

"I cannot read you." Lloyd said.
"One munite you wanna fight someone and the next you wanna leave." He said.

Garmadon chuckled at Morro. The wind ninja shook his head.
"In Morro's youth, he could get competitive." Garmadon said.

The ninja's jaws dropped as their attention was turned to Morro.
"Unbelievable."

"IM SORRY, WHAT?" Jay yelled.
"You, a person who stays in all day reading scrolls, that's lame, by the way, was competitive?!" Jay said.
"Okay, those scrolls are not boring, and I am a person, you know." Morro said.

"Okay, can we get back to Zane?" Cole asked.
"How are we actually supposed to do this plan? You heard Chen. Break a rule and we're out. He's not gonna let us roam around."

"Then it's a good thing we're Ninja. Meet me in my room at midnight." Kai said.

"You mind if I join you?" Pale man asked.
"Disappear, pal! This is private." Jay shot out. The elemental master used his power to disappear but his tray was still floating in air.
"I know you're still here. I can see your lunch tray." Jay scoffed.

"Wow, Jay, you were really mean." Cole said.
"How am I supposed to know if we can trust him? See what this island is doing to me? It's corrupting me!" Jay yelled.
"It has to stop. I'll see you tonight." He said.

. . .

Kai flexed in front of his mirror, you know, like he does every night. He looked at the large clock in his room that struck twelve and went out to his balcony. He saw guards walking down below and Kai looked to his right to see Lloyd, Morro and Cole jumping down and running into Kai's room to stay hidden.