chapter 10

Cole whistled happily while working down in the factory, sorting fortune cookies.
"Why you whistling? Yesterday Cole was sad. Not today. What changed?" Karlof asked.
"Things are looking up, Karlof. We came here to find a friend, and I found him. All I gotta do now is get Zane and bust him out." Cole said determined.

"Not so easy. Chen's made it nearly impossible to escape this place." Karlof referred to the guards.
"I'm still working out the details, but Zane's a Nindroid, a walking computer. If I can get to him, he'll solve anything Chen throws at us in no time." Cole quietly exclaimed.
"Karlof wished he had friend like that." Karlof sighed.

"But first order of business, I gotta let the others know I'm busting him out."  Cole took out a small red paper and folded into the cookie.
"You put message in cookie?" Karlof asked.
"I know, right? That's why it's called a fortune cookie." Cole smiled.

"Well, if you get out, don't forget about Karlof."

"Yeah, sure. Of course." Cole took a tray of fortune cookies and placed his secret message inside. The then passed the tray to one of the guards.
"Special order for the banquet's ready." Cole said.

"I hope you have the good fortune for it to end up in the right hands." Karlof said.
"You and me both, Karlof. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get out of here." Cole said. He spotted the keys on a guard's chain.
"Huh." Cole said.

. . .

"Alright, Dareth." Nya started. She made it on the island and watched as a few of the kabuki waked inside the temple.
"Lets move in." Nya said.
"Wait a minute." Dareth pulled Nya back to the D.B. express.

"Have I ever told you that I am master of disguise?" Dareth said, pulling out a large makeup kit.
"Is that makeup?" Nya asked.
"No, no, this is the master of disguise kit." Dareth replied. It was makeup.

"No! No!!" Nya exclaimed.
"Get ready to go undercover." Dareth said. A few swipes of power and paint later, Dareth turned to an imaginary audience.
"Presenting Miss Kabuki. Yeah!"

"What?" Nya asked. She had red and white gacha makeup while wearing a mix of a Chinese and Japanese gown.
"How did you manage to change my clothes?" Nya asked.
"true ninja never reveals his secrets. You should know that, Nya. Hmm." Dareth said. We still don't know how he did it to this day.

. . .

There was a feast! A banquet! The 8 remaining fighters sat in Chen's main throne room thing, and had very unappetizing food in front of them!

(Don't asked me why I made it so enthusiastic.)

Kabuki danced around and served food.
"Try the horned wasp eggs. Delicious!" Chen exclaimed.
"Uh, I think I'll pass." Lloyd denied.
"Oh, lighten up, Green Ninja. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the eight of you making it to the second round." Chen said.

"And I must congratulate the Master of Shadow's defeat over Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?" Chen said. The kabuki giggled.
"Laugh harder!!" Chen yelled. The kabuki begrudgingly did so.

"You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, we're safe in our secret alliance." Kai sighed.
"I tried to enlist Shadow, but that dude's throwing some serious shade." Griffin said. The master of shadow happily minded his own things.

"Well, if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board. Each fighter that loses gives him strength. Soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome." Garmadon said.
"Then let's hope we can do that. Given if the day actually come." Morro said.