chpater 9

The race was about to begin! Chen spun around in his chair to face the two fighting at the starting line.

"Lloyd, Master of Power, versus Chamille, master of Form. Most laps with their Jadeblade when time runs out wins. Loser is out." Chen exclaimed.
"Thunderbladers on your mark, get set, good luck to everyone, but mostly Chamille because we all want the Green Ninja out!' Chen quickly said. Lloyd looked up annoyed.
"Now, go!!!" Chen yelled.

A buzzer sounded off and the two fighting masters took off. They started on a slow pace to gradually get faster.
"Oh, how about some spectator ambiance?" Chen pressed a button, making the speakers give the sound of a cheering crowd. A second buzzer wailed and the rest of the masters were off!

"It's us against the world, guys! If Lloyd has any chance of moving forward in the tournament, it's up to the three of us!" Jay said.
"We better get ahead. Staying at the back won't do much." Morro said. Jay and Morro skated ahead as Kai struggled behind.

"Lloyd's your greatest competition. If he loses today, what's left to stand in your way from winning it all?" Skylor said slow enough to stay by Kai's side.
"I'd never think of it." Kai said, not daring to look anywhere but forwards.
"Well, maybe you should." Skylor said, pushing past Kai. The red ninja fell once more.

The jadeblade wielders crossed the starting line at the same time, giving them each a point as a bell dinged. Jay and Morro took charge as Kai rolled just behind them. Tox and Shade tried to push them back, but the ninja stayed balanced.

Lloyd was now being pushed behind, as the crowd of Chamile's side blocked the way.
"We have to give him room." Jay said.
"And just how are we supposed to do that?" Kai asked.
"I got an idea. Don't touch anyone!" Jay grabbed Morro's arm and pushed him to one side of the track as Jay took the other.
"Wait! Who am I supposed to hold onto?!" Kai yelled.

Jay pushed one part of the blockade of people to his side of the track with his power. Morro quickly caught on and did the same.
"Thanks." Lloyd said skating through the opening.
"Sorry." Kai said, holding onto the back of Morro's gi. As they made their way through, Kai tripped on air and brought Morro down which eventually dragged Lloyd down too.

"Use your power, Lloyd!" Kai yelled.
"On roller skates? You crazy? I'd never stay on the track!" Lloyd quickly skated off.
"You're supposed to push him forwards, not pull him down!" Morro said.
"I'm trying, but I can't skate!" Kai exclaimed.
"So, don't hold on to me! We need to win this!" Morro got up and rushed off.

A bell went off as Chamile gained a one point advantage.
"What happened?" Jay asked helping Kai up.
"I just saw Morro get competitive." Kai said.
"That scares me a little." Jay said pulling Kai.

. . .

A horn blew as the night fell over the docs of Ninjago city. Nya was still in camouflage mode, following the other noodle trucks onto a ferry.

"Nothing unusual to see here." Nya said to herself to calm her nerves.
"Just a technologically advanced mobile base camouflaged as a noodle truck." Okay, maybe Nya's not that good at coping mechanisms.

"Aaah!" Nya screamed as someone hit the window.
"I beg of you, you gotta tell Master Chen not to give up on the puffy potstickers." Dareth banged on the window. Nya sighed as she rolled down the window.

"Nya? When did you start slinging noodles?" Dareth asked.
"Quiet, you're gonna blow my cover." Nya chided.
"Cover? Oh my gosh, you're on a mission. And why is your truck tripping me out?" Dareth  moved his hand forwards and away from the vehicle.