chapter 16

The balloon of the blip deflated as the elemental masters cheered.
"Sink the ferry!" Jay yelled.
"No one's getting off this island." He exclaimed as the boat broke and the pieces spread out in the water.

"The palace and sleeping quarters are all clear. Still no sign of Chen and Clouse." Cole informed the rest of the ninja.
"What about Skylor?" Kai asked.
"She wasn't able to pick her family, but she was able to pick her friends." Lloyd said.

"And since you're her friend, that means so are we. We'll find her." The green ninja reassured.
"He's right. With no way off the island, it'll only be a matter of time." Cole said.

"I'm proud of you six. You've done what the original Elemental masters never could: stick together. But you must not rest on your laurels, for your guard is down when you sleep." Garmadon said.

"If there are six of us, why are there only five ninja standing here?" Zane asked. They all looked around. Morro wasn't in sight. Kai sighed.
"I'll go find him."

Morro kneeled down to the shelved scrolls in his room.
"What are you doing?" Kai said, crossing his arms.
"Looking for anything that may be important." Morro said. Kai walked to beside the sage ninja.
"No, you're just looking for scrolls to take back home." Kai said, annoyed.
"Well, that too." Morro said.

"But I did find this." Morro held up a scroll to Kai.
"What's that?" Kai asked.
"Something important. Like I said." Morro smirked. Kai rolled his eyes and took the scroll.

He unrolled it and saw an image of a spiked crystal.
"There's a crystal cave here on this island. The crystals can absorb elemental power." Morro said.
"Is that what Chen's staff had?" Kai asked.
"I'm assuming." Morro replied.

"I was also thinking, Skylor absorbed all out elemental powers and if the crystal can take those, while taking Skylor's power, it would have them all." Morro said, pacing around the room. Kai raised a brow as he looked at Morro.
"Use Skylor like a battery." Morro said. Kai nodded his head.

Kai stopped.
"Skylor's in danger!" He exclaimed.
"Okay, keep looking for more stuff." Kai said, running out of the room.
"That's what I've been doing. And tell the others if you decide to run off to find her!" Morro yelled as Kai slammed the door on his way out.

"The island is secure. We destroyed the elemental staff and Chen's attempt to turn his army into Anacondrai has rolled up snake eyes." Nya said over the radio to inform Wu and Misako back at base.
"Good work, Nya." Wu said.
"How is Zane?" Misako asked.
"He's good. A little different, but then again, aren't we all?" Nya sighed.
"The Bounty is nearly finished. As soon as it's done, we'll come by to pick you up." Wu informed.
"I look forward to coming home to see you two." Nya said. Zane's falcon tapped on the screen.
"Heh, I mean, you three." Nya giggled.

. . .

"

I hate to admit it, but maybe Chen losing his army wasn't such a bad thing." Kapau said as they remaining forces of Chen stayed hidden behind a water fall.
"I know, I was thinking the same thing!" Chope exclaimed.
"Look at us. We're in his inner circle!" Kapau spun around.
"And he trusts us to guard his daughter." Chope quietly shouted in glee.

Skylor was just there, chained to the wall. She raised her arms, startling the guards keep watch of her.
"I have to scratch my face." Skylor said, dryly. Kapau stuck his spear out and Skylor used it to scratch.
"Thank you."

"I couldn't have asked for a better pet." Clouse said as he and Chen visited the chamber where the alliance had caved the snake in.
"Garmadon will pay for what they've done."