chapter 6

"But why does it say I have to fight Cole? It didn't say that before. I'm not ready to fight. It was supposed to be my day off." Jay whined.

"I tried to warn you, but you never listen. Talk, yes. Listen, not so much." Cole shot. The area started to clear out as the ninja were left to stare at this inconvenience.

"Is there a problem, Ninja?" Clouse asked.
"You cheated! You changed the brackets!" Cole shouted.
"Oopsie." Clouse laughed and walked away.

"What do we do? They can't fight each other. We came here to become whole, not fall further apart." Lloyd said as his dad walked forwards.
"Well, what can we do?" Morro asked.
"Unless we pull an elaborate trick up in here, that's what's gonna happen." He pointed to the brackets.

"You can't undo what's been done. My only advice is to be at peace with it." Garmadon said.
"Peace? One of us has to lose! Oh, my gosh. It's totally gonna be me. He's got super strength and what do I have? Quick, tell me! What do I have!?" Jay rambled.
"Lightning." Morro replied.

"Don't listen to my dad. Like Morro said, we just need to pull something here. We find Zane, then none of us have to battle. Your fight isn't until tonight so we still have time to figure out what Chen's up to and stop this." Lloyd said sounding all optimistic.

"I think I know just the person who can help. And I think he already knows." Kai said.

. . .

The ninja walked outside and into the courtyard. There was the master of mind meditating on a rock.
"We need your help, Neuro." Lloyd said.
"You think I can get close to Chen to read his mind, so you can find your robotic friend and not have to fight." Neuro replied.
"Don't forget--" Kai started.
"You still need to know what Chen's up to because he's hiding something." Neuro cut in.
"That's really impressive, Nerdo." Jay said.
"It's Neuro, Master of the Mind. And Cole thinks Jay won't last long in a fight." He turned to face the ninja.

"Pfft. You think that?" Jay scoffed.
"You just said it yourself." Cole said.
"But you didn't have to believe it." Jay replied.
"Don't be offended, Cole. Jay here thinks you're the least valuable Ninja." Neuro said.
"You don't say." Cole turned to Jay and the two started pushing each other around.

"Listen!" Morro pushed Jay and Cole apart and standing in between them.
"We need your help, you and need to stop making things worse." Morro galred at him.
"Why not just leave? You think this is a waste of time." Neuro said to Morro.
"Oh, we all knew that." Kai sighed.

"But why would I help? You're competition. The sooner you're out, the better for me." Neuro said.
"If you want what's best for you, just look into my head and you'll see what this tournament is all about." Lloyd stepped forwards.

Neurons placed his hands on his head and looked at Lloyd's thoughts. The memory of Karlof's power being taken away. Neuro opened his eyes in shock.
"It's only a matter of time before Chen steals your power too. So are you in?" Lloyd asked.

. . .

Zane pulled his arms forwards. The chains held him back against the wall.
"Zane, you're built differently. You have to search deep within yourself." Pixal said from the other side of the wall. Zane looked at his arm. A panel opened and out sprung a saw that started cutting at the chains.
"Yes, that's it! You're remembering!" Pixal exclaimed.

Zane heard voices approaching.

"What's that grinding sound?"