chapter 18

As the thunder of dragons flew over the ocean, the sun was lighting up the scene.
"Chen and his Anacondrai army have a day's start on us. Be prepared for anything and everything." Lloyd announced.
"How did we lose so much time?" Kai asked, Skylor clinging to his shoulders.
"You know, you took an oath never to leave a man behind." Dareth called from Zane's dragon.

"And we're not all quick learners. Mastering your fear to create Power Dragons takes time." Jay said.
"Especially when someone who had one all along never taught us how!" He shouted.
"Okay, okay! I get it. I don't tell you things. Even I need time to do things." Morro shouted.
"Well, we're running out of that. There's Ninjago City. Hurry." Nya shouted, pointing ahead as she held onto Jay.

"Hurry's my middle name. Hyah!" Griffin rushed off on his dragon.
"Remember, whatever happens down there, we're stronger united. We fight as one." Lloyd reminded.
"Let's do this!" Jay shouted, going for a dive.

The people of the city gazed up at the colourful array of dragons flying above the buildings. Kai landed in a square to check on the roads when the people spotted Skylor.
"Serpentine!!" A woman shouted. The people started to flee.

"I wish I still had the power to change." Skylar looked at her hands.
"You have changed. You're with us now." Kai reassured.
"If we're the first ones they see, where's Chen?" Garmadon asked as Kai jumped off his dragon.
"And why hasn't he attacked?" Garmadon went on.

"We have to get you and my father off the streets before we alarm everyone." Lloyd turned to Skylor. "Everyone else, stick together and watch over the people." Lloyd yelled, the alliance taking flight.

Skylor looked at her hand. It shifted back to it's original colour... Strange.

. . .

''Why is the spell wearing off?!" Chen shouted as his hand shifted back.
"If we attack now and turn back to normal, everything will be for nothing!"

"Eh, about that...uh, we read everything on page 149, but lo and behold, the spell continues onto the next page." Chope flipped the page of the spell book.
"You slithering klutzes! What have I told you about attention to details? I knew I should've had Clouse read the spell." Chen exclaimed.
"In order for the transformation to become permanent, one must obtain the essence of a true Anacondrai." Chen read.
"Where are we supposed to get that? There aren't any real Anacondrai left!" He shouted.

"Eh, but if there's any out there, we'll find it." Kapau filled Chen.
"There's another problem, Master. The ninja and their friends have arrived." Zugu informed.
"Oh, why must conquering Ninjago be so difficult?" Chen threw his hands up.
"Fine. We change plans. It's not like I don't have something else up my sleeve." He starters.

"And what's that, Master?" Zugu asked.
"This!" Chen threw the book in Zugu's face.
"Now come on. We have some scheming to do." Chen smirked.

. . .

Nya had lead the ninja to the samurai x base. The falcon flew and perched on Zane's arm.
"And hello to you, my old friend." Zane smiled.

"Ah, you're all back!" Wu exclaimed.
"Zane, look at you. You're all...shiny."

Zane laughed.
"Father. Sorry for leaving." Morro hugged Wu.
"You did well, my son." Wu said.
"But where is your father?" Misako asked Lloyd. The ninja moved out of the way.
"It's me, Misako."

Misako gasped. Cole moved aside more.
"Don't worry." Skylor said.
"We have reason to believe the spell may be wearing off." Skylor showed her hand.
"But if that's true, it only makes Chen more desperate to act now. Everyone, this is Skylor, Chen's daughter." Kai said.