Chapter Nineteen.

Yale's Point of View

October 5th, three years ago.

The music pulsated in the air as my bare feet kissed the smooth wooden counter of the bar table while I swayed to every beat like I was in some 90's Beyoncé music video.

I wasn't though, I was at Denny's a local bar in town that I practically live at now that I'm eighteen and can legally drink. Tonight was one of the many wild nights I've been having recently, but this night was special it marked the beginning of the rest of my life and I wanted to fucking celebrate.

I pushed my hair back and ran my fingers through it's shoulder length sleekness as I danced, feeling the adrenaline rush through my veins like I was on drugs,

Like I was on coke, a coked up blissful haze.

"Yale got into Yale!" I heard Merry-Ann, my aunt and also the bartender squeal above the music from behind the counter as I twisted my neck excitedly to see her putting on her black apron while pressing buttons on the beer machine as it was time for her shift.

"Merry!" My eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as I hopped off the wooden surface landing behind the bar in order to greet her with the biggest hug I could manage to give. "I hope you're proud!?" I smirked letting go of her fragile but strong body. She laughed as I noticed the wrinkles that revealed themselves beside her blue eyes. She was my mother's sister, the oldest amongst the two of them.

She basically raised me when my parents decided to move away. Dad got promoted in the police force and took some job far away and mom would go wherever he's work took him. I was young, still in middle school and didn't want to leave this town. It's my home and I would never let anything come between me and this town so Merry decided to take me in.

"I couldn't be prouder kid." She smiled "but that means you're leaving, and that means I'll miss you." She said almost sadly but quickly washed away her sadness with a smile.

"I'll miss you too, but I'm not leaving forever! Just a few years until I get my degree, then I'll be back home and looking for a job here, you know this...we always talk about it." I said reassuring her as she hugged me again.

"I know, it's just you're my little baby and you're all grown up now." She said sweetly as she pulled out beer glasses from the bottom cabinet with thick tears in her eyes.

"No! You are not allowed to get sappy tonight! This is good! I got into Yale! Me! A small town girl! I. Got. Into. Yale!" I placed both my hands on her shoulders and began to shake her until she laughed and then I wiped away her tears before I had hugged her again.

"Of course, Yale got into Yale! It's her destiny!" A voice had pulled me from holding onto Merry as I reached my arms across the bar counter to wrap them around Cecilia, my best friend as we both squealed with joy and excitement before I climbed back onto the bar counter as the regulars that I know very well screamed random words of congratulations while I took a dramatic but playful bow as they clapped and laughed.

I then reached out my hand to help pull Sissy up as Merry laughed.

"Two beers!?" She asked me and then I nodded "Four!" I smirked playfully "And you're driving us home!" I added and then she shook her head in jest as she began to rinse the glasses.

"Bitch! I couldn't be prouder!" Sissy said as I began to dance on the bar counter pulling her to do the same.

"Thanks, I really couldn't have done it without you pushing me and staying up all morning to help me study!" I spoke with appreciation for her because I honestly did appreciate her with every fiber in my being. She's so smart, she got into NYU and although we'll be far apart, our bond will keep us close together.