Chapter Fifteen.

Yale's Point of View

I walked up to his car with confused eyes as I felt a slight warm breeze dance through my loose wavy hair, raking its fingers through it. I bent low reaching for the handle as he parked beside the curb.

I pulled the door open to see his eyes staring straight ahead as he had one hand resting on the steering wheel with the look of impatience resting on his face, this was definitely Woody's car but driving it...wasn't Woody.

"Get in." He said sternly and then looked up at me before I did what I was told and then I shut the passenger door as he took off, driving top speed, slicing through the air like a knife slicing through butter.

What the hell is going on.

"Woah!" I said as he took a sharp turn forcing me to hold onto the car door and my seat.

"Oh my god! Denver!" I yelled as he ignored me.

"Where's Woody?" I asked trying to figure out what was going on.

"What do you mean where's Woody?" He glanced at me for a moment as he changed gears "Homeboy, didn't message you?" He raised a brow and then checked the rearview mirror before speeding up to switch lanes. We zoomed passed street lights and houses as we were now on the main road.

"No!" I yelled as I fell around in my seat and then quickly buckled up.

"He probably forgot, he's pretty caught up right now." He nodded and then he noticed that the orange light at the robot had just turned red but he didn't care as he jumped it.

"Can you chill!" I tried to catch my breath "You're going to get a ticket!" I yelled.

"No, Woody's going to get a ticket." he winked before he then continued "...nah I'm playing I know a guy who knows a guy. We good." He shrugged his shoulders.

I exhaled deeply and then remembered what he had said about Woody.

"Where is Woody!? What do you mean he's caught up?" I asked.

Oh my god, Maggie.
No, please don't say Maggie.

"Boss Man called him in, and when Boss Man calls you answer." He said seriously.

"So he told you to pick me up?" I stared at the side of his face "I offered." He nodded.

"Why? You don't even like me." I said seriously because I had a feeling that he didn't. I think he sees me as someone who's trying to seduce and imprison his injured wounded friend.

"Who the fuck said I don't like you?" He raised a brow as he halted at the robot as I jerked forward and held onto my seatbelt "I don't like the fact that you and Woody are pretending that you guys are the best of friends when it's fucking clear that you both are in way over your heads." He glanced at me and then cleaned his teeth with his tongue before shifting his vision to see the street as he stepped on the gas.

"We're fine!" I said to him and then he rolled his eyes.

"Where's Kelly? She not coming to the club?" I asked curiously because Denver and her had seemed like they did everything together, so her not being here was weird.

"She's home, she reading some fucking book series that she decided to stay home for." He spoke sounding like he didn't mind.

"Oh." I said "Woody's still going to be there right?" I asked and then he exhaled.

"Yes, your boyfriend's just going to be a little late." He seemed annoyed.

"Why are you driving his car?" I didn't understand.