Chapter Twenty.

Woody's Point of View

Shit.

I struggled to pull on my sock as I hopped around in my living room trying not to make too much noise because Yale was still asleep in my bed.

I got a call from Boss Man this morning. I had to meet up with him to discuss some shit he wanted to discuss. I should probably leave Yale a note. I'm going to be total ass for leaving her to wake up to herself this morning.

But if Boss Man calls I need to get my ass up and show up. This is my fucking job and I'm sure she'd understand...

Plus I'll take her to some fancy restaurant for breakfast when I get home, that should make up for it,

I hope.

Fuck, I pulled my clean white Nike t-shirt off the couch and scanned the wooden floor for my Jordan 4's. Where the fuck did I put my fucking shoes.

I pulled my t-shirt over my head and then realized that I had forgotten to take my cologne out of my closet when I gathered all of my things to bring into the lounge.

I can't go back in there, I might wake her and I really don't want to. We went to bed less than 4 hours ago and I know she's tired,

I'm fucking tired too, but my job has no off days.

Okay. Keys, Phone...

I grabbed my phone off the kitchen counter and then spotted my Jordans on the kitchen floor before putting them on.

Shoes, watch...
I checked my wrist.

Note?

Shit, I almost forgot.

I grabbed a pen from my coffee table and a sticky note from my kitchen counter.

"Work. Be home soon. Sorry for leaving, I will b" I began to write and then got distracted by my phone ringing in my pocket.

It must be Boss Man.
I exhaled deeply and then pulled it out to answer before I had pinched my brows together and then stared at the screen for a minute,

not really knowing what to think or knowing if I should answer this call. I licked my lips and then exhaled.

It wasn't Boss Man.

It was...
Fuck.

Yale's Point of View

I slowly opened my eyes like butterfly wings about to flap, I saw the daylight pour in. His room was flooded with brightness, a blessing of something new as I just glanced ahead for a second pulling myself into reality, soaking it all in.

The bed felt...

I brought my hand back to feel for him behind me but he wasn't there.

Empty.

I quickly tossed around as I felt my lightly flowing hair move with me. I had to confirm his absence and then my mind became curious as my eyes did the same.

I gently lifted my delicate self up as I now sat upright on the edge of his huge bed, feeling almost lost.

Its been a while since I had woken up to no one. No Chad, no Woody.

Just me, it was different. It felt lonely.

I pushed my hair back out of my face and then yawned before staring into the full length mirror he had in his bedroom.

My hair was messy, my eyes were tired and puffy and I looked crazy. I look like a drained Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body.

I can't believe he left me this morning. He probably had to do something important but I really wish I had opened my eyes to see him. I wish I had woke up first to see a sleeping Woody, a peaceful Woody, a vulnerable him. I would have enjoyed just watching him exist beside me for a little.