Chapter Twenty-One.

Yale's Point of View

I could feel her eyes burning a hole in my face as she sat across from me at the restaurant table. I didn't want to look up because that would mean that I would be staring straight at her and I had a feeling she wouldn't look away and that just made me more nervous,

So I'd rather prefer just staring at my breakfast plate. I swallowed and then used my knife to spread avocado on my slice of toast.

I glanced to see Woody seated beside me taking a sip of his black bitter coffee. This restaurant was nice, but this just felt so awkward with his mother being here. Our table was quiet all I could heard was peoples knives and folks clinging against their plates with light chatter in the air...

Is it hot? I'm sweating. No, she's making me nervous. Woody, help.

I took a bite of my toast.

"Yale, how long have you been sleeping with my son?" I heard her speak as I almost choked on my food and then looked up at her with big eyes not knowing how to process what she had just asked me. She was very forward, we hardly spoke at all and she chose to ask me that out of the many things she could have thought of instead.

I coughed, about to speak but then he spoke instead.

"Yo," Woody spoke up and then shook his head at her, staring sternly almost giving her a dirty look. "If you want me to play nice, you will think twice about the things you want to ask her." He took a bite out of his toast and then nonchalantly continued before chewing "It's a nice morning at my favorite breakfast restaurant, don't force me to cause a scene." He glanced down to scoop his fried egg up onto the other slice of toast he had on a side plate.

"It's just a question Quinton. No need to be dramatic. I suppose you wanted to me to get to know her, that's why we're here so I'm doing just that." She said with a thin smile on her face and then he glared at her.

"No, you're here because you showed up at my house uninvited and didn't want to leave, and because I have impeccable manners I had decided to invite you to join Yale and I for breakfast." He took a sip of his coffee "Don't make me regret being polite. I do love you mother but you're really pissing me the fuck off." He said honestly with no expression on his face.

"It's okay." I said to him as I touched his bicep gently, and normally I'm really physically affectionate with him but I had forgotten for a moment that his mother was right there so I quickly took my hand off her son.

I cleared my throat "We haven't..." I didn't know how to tell her that we never had sex, because it was so damn awkward to even discuss this "Um..." I tried insinuating as she made her eyes wide waiting for me to finish my sentence. It's like she wanted me to say it but it was so uncomfortable.

"Fucked." Woody added when I couldn't "We haven't fucked, not that it's any of your business but since you want to know. There you go." He smiled a fake smile and then glanced at me for a moment "I'm sorry," he apologized on her behalf "I hope you now understand why my father was my favorite. Baby, can you pass the salt please?" He asked politely and then I reached for the salt from my side of the table and handed it to him.

His mother rolled her eyes. "I just want to understand what's going on between the two of you." She shrugged and then turned to face him "And before you say it's not my business it most definitely is, you didn't want me anywhere near Maggie and look what happened. Maybe if I had asked her a few questions I would have known she was a snake and warned you." She said matter-of-factly.

He ignored her.

"Yale," she then turned to me and then he quickly cut her off before she could proceed with her sentence.