Chapter Twenty-Four.

Yale's Point of View

I walked up the path of my house after saying goodbye to Woody as he had hated to drop me off, and I had hated to go home...

But I had to. It was time.

The weekend was over and the fairytale had ended, even though it came with its drama, it was nice...him and I just being together. Is it possible to miss someone seconds after they had just driven down the street.

I mean,
I miss him. I do.

I stepped up to my front door feeling a smile flood my face as I stuck my key into the keyhole, twisting it, only to notice that my front door was already unlocked.

Fuck.
Chad,
No...the cars not here. He shouldn't be home for few hours.

Wait.
No car is here.

Shit, did someone break into my house. Oh God!

I cautiously stepped inside, gently pushing the door open with my finger tips as I heard the sound of it creek.

I pulled my phone out of the pocket of the hoodie I had borrowed from Woody and unlocked it before going to my call list and keeping the screen open on his contact number, just in case anything happens and I can just hit call.

"Hello." I stepped in as my shoes greeted the wood of the floor.

I glanced around.

Okay, nothing looks stolen. Everything is just as Chad and I had left it.

I punched my brows together as I walked passed the lounge and headed for the staircase. I stared up at it's steps as my hand rested on the railing.

"Hey!" I yelled again but got no response as I sighed a sigh of relief to know that no one was here and then wondered what was actually going on. Why my front door was unlocked and what-

I heard a creek coming from upstairs and then my heart screamed before my mouth could. And before I could hit call on my phone, heavy feet came rushing down the staircase.

"Honey! What is-" My father yelled with concern all over his face as I clutched my heart.

"Dad! Are you crazy! You scared the shit out of me!" I stared dead into his eyes trying to catch my breath.

He laughed.

"Sorry, kiddo." he hugged me and then I swallowed.

"What are you even doing in my house!?" I gasped.

"I was looking for you!"

"And you didn't hear me yell, twice!?"

"Your voice is very dainty," he shrugged as he scanned me as if he was trying to figure something out "you haven't been home this entire weekend. I thought you went with Chad. I called Chad to ask him if I can speak to you and he said that you're home and you didn't go with him."

"You called Chad and told him I wasn't home!?" I began to panic "Daddy! You shouldn't have done that!" I brushed my hair back out of my face.

I'm so dead.

"Calm down, I didn't tell him you weren't home. I simply asked him if I could speak to you. You need to get your phone fixed Yale! It's so hard to reach you when you don't have a phone!" My father was confused but also upset.

Chad broke my phone, throwing it against our bedroom wall. And he would never let me have another one.

"I have a phone." I said to him showing him my phone before putting it in my pocket. "How did you get here. Where's your car?"