Chapter Twenty-Three.

Yale's Point of View

I sat down on the couch beside him as my body faced his while his faced mine.

He wasn't in the best shape physically neither emotionally, but since Woody hadn't spoken to Denver since we had left his house, I just wanted to be there for him in some way.

I understood him, I know he had good intentions and I get that. But he shouldn't have kept it a secret for this long. I think that's what hurt Woody and Kelly the most.

But then again who am I to play as if I'm not guilty of keeping secrets too. This Woody thing from Chad, Chad's abuse from Woody and Woody and I from Denver.

This was a lot, all of us...and all of these secrets.

Everything just feels messed up but regardless of the mess I had come to learn a quality in Woody I had admired and could respect. No matter how upset he was at Denver he really did love him.

He was mad but he took his knife and gun out of his pockets before going into that house because he knew he had loved Denver and he didn't want to seriously hurt him. He told Denver that he could live here since Kelly had kicked him out, although Woody hadn't spoken to him since.

Woody was upset but he still cared deeply, his bond with Denver was something I feel could never be broken. It was eternal.

I noticed Woody come out of his bedroom as he walked past the lounge area where Denver and I were sitting. He didn't look at Denver, he pretended that Denver didn't exist. He was cold,

Because he was hurt.

Denver glanced at him as he walked past and then looked at me.

"You don't need to help me." His voice was husky as I looked down at the first aid kit resting on my lap and then smiled small shaking my head before I looked up while holding the antiseptic cream tube in my hand.

"I want to help you." I said as I opened the cream and pushed out a tiny bit of it onto my finger before using my other hand to tilt his head back "I need the practice. Ima have a kid and kids are crazy they're always getting themselves into little accidents so this will help prepare me." I smiled as I gently touched his clean wound with my finger tips and then began to apply the cream as I heard the sound of the fridge door closing before Woody gulped down a bottle of water. He then tossed the empty bottle into the kitchen trashcan before walking through the lounge, past where we were sitting so that he could make his way back to his bedroom.

He held the wood of his bedroom door and then turned around to face me before he had fully went inside.

"Ima shower, it's sunset so it's going to be dark soon...you staying over?" He asked me calmly, continuing to ignore Denver. I rotated my body to face him.

I nodded.
It was the last night I could spend with him before my life went back to its shitty reality.

I felt like Cinderella after midnight going back to her shitty life with her evil baby daddy.

Plus. I couldn't leave him. He needed me.
I think they both do.

Woody then yawned while nodding and then he rubbed his eye before gently closing his bedroom door with him inside.

My baby was so tired, today was really a lot for both of us but especially for him.

I then rotated my body back to face Denver as my fingers still had cream on them. His eyes were stern and glued to my face. I swallowed as I used my free hand to push his head back again while I continued to spread cream on his wound while making sure to cover it completely. The wound almost covered his whole cheek but his nose seemed fine. It stopped bleeding so that was good.